Saints vs Watford (FA Cup) - Sat 27th Jan 3pm KO

I was hoping we’d got past the bizarre substitutions but that one was right up there with absolutely batshit crazy.

We spent at least 15 minutes after Yoshida came on with nobody knowing what the fuck they were supposed to be doing. The back line was an absolute joke. Cedric was obviously carrying a knock and when I saw Yoshida stripping off I thought thank fuck for that. What the fuck was Mope thinking? We looked completely comfortable until he made that change. Then we had Hoedt coming over to the touchline asking for instructions, Hojberg and Tadic doing the same and Stephens ambling around wondering where he was supposed to be. Total mystery to me.

Despite dropping a massive Argentinian bollock we scraped through but again, worrying signs for me.

On the plus side, Hojberg was excellent again. MOTM by a country mile.

Tadic had a half decent game on the right for a change.

Carrillo looks a bit of a unit.

Hope Bertrand’s injury isn’t too bad.

We will have to be much better than that on Wednesday.

5 Likes

Oh, and a birthday goal for Stephens who also had a good game.

3 Likes

I wonder what he thinks these substitutions will achieve? I couldn’t see or here the game but as soon as I saw Yoshida was replacing Boufal (who was being lauded as our best player at the time) I was baffled.

What happened?

Did we win?

I’e been on your other YV Channel all day.

Wearing the Sash shirt of course.

Not convinced by Pellegrino’s explanation for changing to a back 5. We went to a back 5, despite being on top, because 2 weeks ago they sent in lots of long aerial balls? WTF?

1 Like

Incidentally, I sat in block 5 for a change today. Great view but it appears that the “GET IT FORWARD!!” and “SHOOT!!” fucktards followed me.

The subs I can only think were made to save out best players legs for Wednesday and protect them from picking up an injury in the time left. That’s the only reason.

The subs came when we were on the front foot, giving the Watford defense the runaround. It looked just a matter of time before the second goal would come. Madely denied us a nailed-on, sure-fire penalty when the Watford defender bundled over Boufal from behind…

1 Like

Not a pen for me. Was definitely looking for it.

Well it was up our end and I had a good view of it. It looked like the defender was all over him…clear pen for me and everyone around me.

I’ll have another look later. Looked like he went down easily to me but I was quite a way away.

6 Likes

Took a touch.

Entitled to go down.

Deserved to win the penalty.

:wink:

That would have been me if I was there.

Not a lot to go on, but general thoughts on the striker who has come to save our season?

Sounds like an expensive Charlie Austin from what I’ve read. Always thought we needed option of someone (striker) who could hold the ball up and link up play. Funnily enough Pelle to West Ham speculation overnight.

If there is any truth in the Pelle rumour (it’s a big IF), then he will fit into the W Ham mode of massively overpaying wages for an over-30 year old. Pelle is on a huge deal in China.

1 Like

Not on the pitch long enough to say and of course the players who will supply him had already been subbed. I hope he changes the colour of his boots though…the white ones made it look like he was wearing plimsoles on a slippery pitch. :lou_wink_2:

1 Like