Saints vs Watford (FA Cup) - Sat 27th Jan 3pm KO

@bearsy McQueen at left back seems likely to happen

1 Like

Good timing loaning out Matt Targett…

From the OS:

Mauricio Pellegrino confirms that Maya Yoshida has resumed full training, after a two week spell on the sidelines, while Shane Long has recovered from a brief illness.

The manager has been without deputy captain, Yoshida for previous ties with Watford and Tottenham, but the Japanese international is poised to return to the fold as Saints look to progress in the Emirates FA Cup this weekend.

Young full-back Sam McQueen will be unlikely to feature , while Charlie Austin’s lengthy absence is ongoing, following a hamstring problem.

Pellegrino said: "Sam McQueen has been training alone, okay, Charlie Austin will continue with his own treatment.

"Maya is now 100 per cent fit and been training with the team. No more news other than that.

“With Charlie we’ve got a long period of time, more than ten weeks from when the injury was sustained. He isn’t training, but when he comes back on the pitch we’ll have a clearer idea of time.”

The manager subsequently confirmed that the club are actively pursuing additional forward options, following the loss of Austin to injury.

Correspondingly, after teenage striker Michael Obafemi made his senior debut a week ago, Pellegrino also commented on a possible inclusion of the youngster against Watford: "With Michael it is just the beginning, this week he has been training with the first-team. But now Shane Long is back.

“Michael is still working with us, to try to be more connected with the squad. But we want to try to test him in the reserves to see how well he competes. I want him to be ready, because you never know.”

Were fucked Lawro has given us a 2-0 win and the bastards he is against this week have both gone for Watford.

Sod that @philippinesaint , we’ve more important stuff to worry about.

E.g. On day 26 will Barry need an anal-retread and who on the site is in reality Heisenberg or Glasgow Saint.

Get a grip and concentrate on the important stuff

:lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Exactly … who gives a fuck about Watford and Gweedoe. Let’s get back to some sort of normality in this place. Can’t wait for tomorrow’s AG instalment. Only one sleep to go. Mind you the thought of Goat’s arse as a windsock is not conducive to a good night’s sleep.

1 Like

Are we still calling him Four Star Bear or is he really only two stroke engine oil at this time? 'Spose MOPE may look to this to help get back to Sans Plumb then. 92/95 before getting back to the the shitty expensive rip off shit they call super diesel and othe guff which is just to con dumb fucks?

Start for the new lad then?

Or bring him on late for the 90th minute debut winner?

Doubt it will be on down here.

TV is to busy showing me at moment…

Oh and some pop tar geezer

I reckon MoPo MKII will start with Garibaldi and bring Carrillo on at about the 60th minute…for Garibaldi.

Obi Wan Femi to come on in the 85th minute for a #twoupfront

Bellend Sports have given our match a swerve so its the dulcet tones of Merry Davidton and Big Lolz for me.

Think we might just stumble through this one (mainly due Watford being even less interested!!) and then suddenly realise how close we are to Wembley and actually try hardder next round!!

Actually thinking about it, Watfords 4500 fans will be totally outsinging ours so Watford Reserves will be well up for it … but will we want it enough?

1 Like

With his hand preferably.

6 Likes

Double shift tomorrow after fog delay today thank God no excuse not to crash straight to bed after a 5am alarm & 13 hours dealing with screaming 1D fans

Early team news Southampton v Watford (15:00 GMT) Southampton’s record signing Guido Carrillo may not be ready to play against the Hornets after the striker’s £19m move from Monaco on Thursday. Defender Maya Yoshida could return for Saints after two weeks out with a hamstring injury however and Shane Long has recovered from illness. Watford are likely to be without Troy Deeney (illness), while goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes is still out (back). Defender Molla Wague (hamstring) is also out for boss Javi Gracia’s debut. Tom Cleverley is a doubt for the Spaniard’s first game in charge with a hamstring injury, while Craig Cathcart, Younes Kaboul, Miguel Britos, Kiko Femenia, Isaac Success and Will Hughes are still sidelined.

Deeney and Gomes missing is a big plus. Fancy our chances today.

That’s the kiss of death then :lou_sad:

3-0 Saints, Redmond to get on the scoresheet.

1 Like

5-0 saints, Redmond hat trick. Young midget lad to come on up front and score two late goals, one a well placed shot into the corner from 12yds and the other in off his arse whilst he’s facing the wrong way.

I’m very confident with my very specific predictions and expect kudos when it all comes to pass.

2 Likes

2:1 to us only because the 1 & the 2 are next to each other on the keyboard

Well I must say I am giddy at the thought of all these goals, and in no way can I see myself feeling let down at 1745. Hurrah!

3 Likes