Saints vs Swans season opener match thread

History of our form and on opening days in the premier league tells me, we will not win.

2 Likes

I am more settled about the likely result than I am about having moved my season ticket seat. #firstworldproblemsinnit

7 Likes

Saints to win 4-1.

The sun will shine, the twat who sits behind me wonā€™t have renewed, VVD will sulk, weā€™ll be top of the league - and by the way, Iā€™m typing this while off my face on Top Deck Shandy!

8 Likes

There are a lot of things in that post that seem extremely unlikely.

But for me the most impossible one is that after 24 years there is still such a thing as Top Deck Shandy.

2 Likes

And be careful RB, being drunk on the Top Deck can be dangerous

2 Likes

Bump. What do we reckon the line up will be?

Whatever MP wants it to be.

HTH

Or, the fiverweb replyā€¦

Whatever Les says it will be

Dull as fuck 0-0, with everyone on Stevesweb shitting their pants that it may not have been Puelā€™s fault after all.

Lineup:

FF

Pied Stephens Yosh Bertrand

Romeu

JWP Davis

Tadic Gabby Redmond

3 Likes

Well some good news for us.

Swansea City boss Paul Clement says midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson will not be in his sideā€™s squad for the game at Southampton on Saturday.

Sigurdsson has been repeatedly linked with a move to Everton, who have not yet met the clubā€™s valuation of Ā£50m for the player.

2 Likes

when is our press conference?

As someone has already mentioned, will this be the first time that both team captains have been left out of the game because their heads are somewhere else?

1 Like

Corrected it for you

No charge

:lou_lol:

1 Like

FFS just make Steven Davis captain. I donā€™t care about his advancing years. I donā€™t care if he plays until heā€™s forty six. Heā€™ll tell those lads what to do.

So he will.

2 Likes

2-0 Saints. Simple.

1 Like

Heads up.

Soccer AM tomorrow - Shane Long doing Hurling with some Irish types.

I am still not confident

Southampton v Swansea (15:00): The Saints have not started a top-flight season with a home victory since 1988-89 - 4-0 against West Ham.

1 Like

I just watched the FULL press conference and at no point wanted to stick a pen in my eye. In other words, if press conferences are anything to go by (they arenā€™t but never mind that) then I am happy we have already upgraded on Monsieur Claude.

6 Likes

Thought MPe was well spoken and ANIMATED. Asked for clarification when needed, though I would have liked a neatly dressed translator. I miss him.

Was very pleased not to hear any talk of anything being ā€˜interestingā€™

WTF, Lawrenson has us down for a win (and Liverpool to draw) - has something happened to him over the break?