Saints vs Arsenal - match thread

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Are there drinking expectations for this game or seeing as everyone will be driving (except Goatboy) does that mean it’s a pretty in/out affair?

Anyway, just because we’re not drinking doesn’t mean we can’t have a social gathering with amiable conversation. Or do we all have to be drunk to get along

with Bletch.

3 Likes

I will be there with another born and raised in Coxford classic car owner…you’ll probably know him Lou.

1 Like

Aw, I’m not going to be around unfortunately, much as the idea of Aldi car park on a cold Boxing day morning is appealing :wink:

Lou are you not going to the match now? I will be driving in and out but am going to risk another shite match.

I think she was talking about the antique VW show in a cold ALDI car park in Romsey.

1 Like

That might still be better entertainment though.

Definitely going to the game…even though I’m certain we’ll get a thrashing :frowning:

Are you going straight there, or pub first?

I think straight there Lou. A drink during the day will rule me out of the pub sorry. Drop me a line if you need picking up though

Have sold my Ticket - stupid fecking dumb ass kick off time. Can’t even watch it on telly.

Fuck you BT you bunch of stupid media wannabe dickwads, and when are you going to fix my phone line and broadband you abject tosspots. :lou_angry:

3 Likes

I’m not going to this either. Not happy about it. Posted and deleted the reasons already. :lou_angry:

I will be able to watch this one and am expecting a 2-1 win

I’m ignoring all the facts and feel optimistic - so I reckon we can scrape a point…

Hopefully someone had a new banjo for Christmas and can now hit a cow’s arse.

1 Like

We have got to find our scoring boots, probability says we have to at some point will have an abnormally high shots to goals ratio as our current ratio sucks balls.

Mane hatrick, Tadic 1 we win 4-1.

Any one else seen the team? Any comments?

I’m sorry to say, I cannot see any other result than an Arsenal win. 0-3.

What we need is a cup game against a lower league opposition, like MK Dons that started our 8 match unbeaten run! Shame we have palace in the cup. A home game to the skates could have relaunched our season.

A home game against the champions of 2015/16 is not going to help.

I hope I am wrong but, we are very low on confidence. The oppo get an offer on goals at the momemt, score 1 get 1 free a few minutes later!

After a looooooong Christmas Eve Polish 12 dishes thing followed by late night Vodka tasting, then the looooooong lunch and descent into oblivion of last night clubbing until 2am (at my age ffs), I had already planned to give this one a miss down the pub tonight.

When I added up all the reasons not to go - alcohol poisoning, all our crew at SMS and only Eric attending, 15 quid in taxi fares and 6.50 a pint with an 11:45pm kick off and work tomorrow I still felt maybe I should have made the effort.

Then I saw the team. Dodged a bullet there methinks. Have fun Eric!

Ho hum…

Yep.

Obvious that Pelle was not at 110% of late, now we know why, Don’t think any Saints fan can be surprised Maya isn’t getting another run at RB.

Good luck to Martina… Although I may have tried to play Bertrand there with Targett on the left myself.

Gaston off the bench, late sub, wins it for us and sends the Mountainous One into a meltdown on the other side

Nah that’s the alcohol poisoning wearing off, can’t see anything but a thumping

Bit f a nothing game at the moment. We are edging the possession but they have had the only shot (off target)

Boom 1-0 - Martina!

1 Like

Booooooooooom Indeed

I am stuffed with ham after inlaws here all day and Mrs Abandon’s Birthdayu celebrations…pleass SFC make it a good end to the day… Amazing strike :lou_lol: