Saints vs Arsenal - match thread

Well guys and gals, sorry to be a Jonah on this one but I have a ticket, well actually a couple of bits on my membership card, so I will be in attendance.

I can therefore predict a drab game where we lose quite convincingly.

Cheers

I just saw this on Twitter, I proper LOLled at the person it came from especially given the rumours about him pushing for a move…

1 Like

I need to shake off a bout of optimism.

I felt pretty good before Liverpool and still felt lucky about Spurs.

Between now and Arsenal I’ll take a good hard look at myself and ask me what the fuck I was thinking.

Can’t see us getting anything.

You need to stay off the absinthe

Time is a great healer, especially when alcohol is also involved. So after Christmas day, and most of Boxing day, I fully expect us to win.

Our best hope at the moment is that Wenger fails to notice that the turkey smells a bit odd as he dishes it out to the players.

1 Like

Arsenal looked decent today, right up until City decided to wake up and have a real go, after which they scored and had several chances to grab a draw, with Arsenal looking ragged. Lesson: we need to have a real go at them from the first minute, and hope to fuck we have worked out how to score from the resulting chances.

1 Like

I agree bucks. We need to get Yoshida to attack as often as possible otherwise we’re fucked. Hopefully we can play Davis and JWP and Wanyama in midfield and they can all chip in with goals and assists.

Oddly reminescent of Turkish, but I thought Turkish had a username on here…

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @Fatso

I agree bucks. We need to get Yoshida to attack as often as possible otherwise we’re fucked. Hopefully we can play Davis and JWP and Wanyama in midfield and they can all chip in with goals and assists.

Oddly reminescent of Turkish, but I thought Trukish had a username on here…

:lou_surprised:

:lou_smiley:

my cover had been blown

Are we talkin’ Turkish delight, or Turkish kebab?

I would genuinely be gutted if Fatso turned out to be Turkish.

Are there drinking expectations for this game or seeing as everyone will be driving (except Goatboy) does that mean it’s a pretty in/out affair?

There’s a fair chance that my season ticket’s will be going spare for this now.

If anybody’s interested then give me a shout (hopefully with a reasonable offer!)

Racist.

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

I can have a few before and 1 after but that will be it…

1 Like

I’ll be standing in the cold (probably) in the Aldi car park in Romsey on Boxing Day morning…if it’s not raining. There’s a classic car show (for charidee) there every year and it’s a chance to talk bolix to anyone else who likes to talk bolix.

Just look out for a pensioner with his black VW Karmann Ghia wearing a “Sotonian Centurion” badge.

Originally posted by @lifeintheslowlane

I’ll be standing in the cold (probably) in the Aldi car park in Romsey on Boxing Day morning…if it’s not raining. There’s a classic car show (for charidee) there every year and it’s a chance to talk bolix to anyone else who likes to talk bolix.

Just look out for a pensioner with his black VW Karmann Ghia wearing a “Sotonian Centurion” badge.t opportunity to meet the famous ‘knows everyone in Southampton’ lifeintheslowlane is so near, yet so far…

The opportunity to meet the famous ‘knows everyone in Southampton’ lifeintheslowlane is so near, yet so far…!