:pl: :saints: Saints v Wolverhampton Wanderers :wolvesfc:

Sutton squeaks

Southampton v Wolves

It appears that the majority of Southampton fans don’t want Nathan Jones as the club’s manager, which never bodes well.

To be honest, I thought that after some of the things Jones said after last weekend’s humiliating defeat by Brentford he would be gone by the end of this week.

I am not dismissing his ability as a coach, and I also think he took on a really difficult job when he arrived at Saints at the end of last year, but some of the stuff he came out in that interview was just remarkable. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything like it from a Premier League manager before.

If Southampton lose this game too, St Mary’s will be a powder keg and I still think it is just a matter of time before he goes.

Have they improved under Jones? No. Has he upset a lot of the fanbase? I think he has.

Southampton have got the worst home record in the Premier League this season, after taking six points out of a possible 30 so far.

So, Jones desperately needs a result and a performance to turn things around and maybe he will get it, the same way he got one against Manchester City in the Carabao Cup last month.

I don’t see it though. Wolves have got much better under Julen Lopetegui and we saw with their win over Liverpool last week that they are playing with confidence.

If they go in front, the atmosphere could turn toxic.

Sutton’s prediction: 0-1

Oli’s prediction: I’ve got to throw a draw in somewhere, and this is going to be a horrible game. 0-0

FWIW. My team

Bazunu
KWP/Bree (reluctantly) AMK DCC Perraud
Lavia JWP Alcaraz
Solemana Onuachu Edozie

Jones’s likely team:

Bazunu
Bree Lyanco Bednarek Salisu Djenepo
Diallo
JWP Elyounoussi
Onuachu Mara

1 Like

With luck my next Auschwitz Tour group will take too long & I won’t get home until the Fat Lady has sung

You can always stretch it out so you don’t have to watch any of the horrible football likely to be played, or to stick pins in your eyes when Theo Walcott is sent on (replacing the giant) for 30 minutes when we are 3-0 down.
Get home late, and hit the vodka to ease away the embarrassment of another severe hiding, and the reverberating “we told you so” being sent to the board.

4 Likes

Going to this one with no expectation of a positive outcome.
Will be in the Unity Brewery Tap before the game

3 Likes

Most of us will probably be hiding behind our respective sofas tbf

Have “fun”

1 Like

I’m not expecting a win from this game anyway, but as a side bet I’ll take West Ham to get something out of Chelsea at lunchtime to pull away from the drop zone and pile a bit more pressure on before we kick off.

Negatory

We will win. Chelsea will too. Not that I give a monkeys about that one

3 Likes

I am with Bucks on this one.

1 Like

We are 2/1?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

If we’re to have any chance of staying up, it’s just as important that the few sides we might still be able to overhaul keep dropping points as it is that we start picking them up. But it’s academic anyway, we won’t be going on a points spree anytime soon.

I made it to the match day thread! Kicking, screaming and completely confused at wtf I am thinking of this whole situation.

I want us to win every game we play in, that’s a given. Do I support Mr Jones? I’m probably closer to the supporting line than most on here (he is a bit of a tool hey).

Regardless of what I think of the individual, I want us to play the best we can, which just isn’t happening and I am not convinced it is ENTIRELY the gaffers fault. Players have to take responsibility for their part in this mess is all I ask.

Will we win? Clouded am I. Can we win? Yes, depending on what squad turns up

5 Likes

Southampton team confirmed :innocent:

Starting XI: Bazunu, Bree, Bednarek, Salisu, Perraud, Maitland-Niles, Lavia, Ward-Prowse, Alcaraz, Kamaldeen, Onuachu.

Subs: Caballero, Lyanco, S. Armstrong, Aribo, Edozie, Walcott, A. Armstrong, Adams, Mara.

Interesting lineup

Not sure Wolves would have planned for that.

I’m gonna play 4 4 fvcking 2

4 central midfielders? Jesus Christ. Jones can get in the bin.

Why not. If our defence get the ball it will just sail over their heads anyway

1 Like

Interesting announcement been made over the stadium tannoy, calling for fans to “stop abusive chants”. Just our luck that this is rolled out today when we still have a good target for our abuse!

I believe that’s a national campaign but the timing amused me!

Funny old one today, first time I ever remember making my way to the match with half of me hoping to see us thoroughly beaten. The other half is hoping Jones trips and falls face first into the door on the way out of it in case you were wondering. No idea how I want this to end up really. I’d gladly take the three points to keep us in touching reach of those ahead of us, but I would equally welcome a 7 or 8 goal thrashing!!

They can fuck right off, my vocal chords are oiled , I am well oiled

He is going to get dogs

2 Likes

Found a channel with it on in the office

1 Like