:saints: Saints v West Ham :westhamfc: (PL)

:saints: v :westhamfc:

Lawro says :-

Southampton v West Ham (19:45 GMT)

Like Solskjaer at United, Southampton have undergone a transformation under Ralph Hasenhuttl, who got another win at the weekend when his new side beat Huddersfield.

Saints are playing with purpose and scoring goals and when you watch them you are left trying to remember the problems they had under previous boss Mark Hughes.

With any new manager, there is nothing better than winning games straight away because you are almost convincing your players instantly that you really do know what you are on about.

West Ham’s run of four straight wins ended with their defeat by Watford, and I have a feeling they will be reflecting on another loss after this game is over.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-0

Jim’s prediction: 0-1

Sotonians say:

• :saints: continue on the Hassenütl express and win by 2 or more goals
  • the Hassnehütl express gets hit by engineering works and :saints: force a victory by the odd goal
  • bore draw
  • score draw
  • :westhamfc: play the party poopers and win

0 voters

FVCKING TV done me again. Missed the Xmas Europe trip last year - We did Asia. But year before I planned my UK Leg to include the Spuds game on 26th then be in Poland for Mrs D_P’s birthday on 27th.
I was all planned again for this year and ffs.
Oh well see y’all at a pre-Wembley meet up in 2019 then

Blimey this was a long way down the thread list.

2-1 Saints, choooo choooooooooo!!

3 Likes

This and Armstrong first goal :wink:

Click on the burger and then calendar, all the fixtures are in there, easy to find too.

1 Like

The short legged fella and my good self are in town for this one… might there be a pre match drinkie somewhere ? We will probably be on the train so somewhere in town would be ideal. Stable was nice last time but happy to go somewhere else. Happy Xmas all you red and whites. COYR

If there’s no room at the inn I’m up for The Stable.

Mrs D_P’s birthday dinner out at Coombe Bissett booked for 6:30pm which should give time to get back to town for kick-off. 5 Saints fans + brother in law Wet Spam fan to manage time carefully
Obviously after the Lord Mayors show well get Bazza back.
But won’t be as bad a result as those Everton knobs endured

I accidentally hit the wrong option. I think we’ll win by a closer margin. Perhaps 2-1 with Shane Long (yes I’ve had a few festive beers) getting a second half cameo winner!

Merry Christmas guys and gals! :santa:t3::christmas_tree::beer:

7 Likes

Me too I hope

Ditto.

This game we will fall in love wil Shane long again as he scores a brace

You have been on the Christmas ale you blighter.

7 Likes

I shall not be in attendance, don’t think I’ll even be able to watch it, so it should be a +ve result for :saints:

All boxing day results went our way, sets us up nice for West Ham. I am wary of Man City being upset about their last 2 matches and treating us rather roughly on Sunday.

4 Likes

And Arse-nal 1:0 up against Brighton at 6mins. Which is good so the gap to mid table doesn’t get too big.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this one. On at a decent time here (6am ish) but let’s face it, we are worth watching at the minute. Exciting times ahead no doubt!

4 Likes

Looking like 8 members of Dubai Krew actually going to SMS plus me watching in Salisbury & 1 in London.
At moment only 3 confirmed to watch it in Dubai with a few tourists
The beers meet up discussion is so disorganised competed to on here!

1 Like

Might be a bit pushed to get to the stable but will try and make it. Quick one afterwards? Bucks? Wherever you fancy.