• relegation looms
  • :saints: will win and win well
  • a draw of some sort.

0 voters

We should get a point in this one.

1-1

What meds are you currently taking?

3 Likes

I’m not optimistic as I’m seriously not sure the manager knows what he’s doing and if he thinks he does, that it’s good enough for the PL or that the players understand or agree with him.

Yes, it’s fine to add some aggression and grit but not at the expense of passing and playing creative football. It was chaotic playground hoofball yesterday and that won’t change in three days.

I’m also alarmed at his comments that he doesn’t have the players he needs for his style of play. We should have known what his intentions would be and he should have realised that the squad is talented and skillful. Under Ralph we have developed a sophisticated style of play right through the club, with clear methods with and without the ball. We’ve failed through fine margins of the lack of a DM to replace Romeu (and Lavia once injured), ineperienced defenders making silly mistakes but mainly the lack of a striker when we missed Gakpo and injuries. Look at the number of narrow defeats or draws that should have been wins.

Yesterday, and I suspect going forward, there won’t be near misses. We were totally outplayed at Liverpool and against Brighton and barely matched Lincoln. The players don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing, or if they do, it’s alien to them.

If Jones is allowed to bring in players to suit his L1 style, that’s where we’ll end up. Look at Stoke.

Under Ralph we were short of a striker, had at least four injuries to key players and were struggling, but iNow we’re in a far worse place.

6 Likes

Stop being sensible @Shroppie.
This is a time for waiting and despair

1 Like

Said this recently as well. We were not far off, the results will tell you something different. 3 wins in 30 is it? But after from batterings at City and home to Newcastle (which was never a battering), we were only losing games by the odd goal. Key players out since the Chelsea win, and as we know since Inges leaving, we need a new proven striker.

I think we could have fixed this with a striker in January and had a good chance of staying up. The recent change and the chaos of Saturday after having 6 weeks with the team to go through the set up, I think we have gone backwards and not just a little. I do not think we will get out of the bottom 3 again and maybe not off the bottom.

I have not felt like this about Saints since all the cheap options 2004-2009 era. I am even going to more Carlisle games instead of Saints, as I have lost the faith in the club and the direction they are going in and will not continue to go to games when are ambition is so low.

And Carlisle are rubbish, but more chance of something happening.

3 Likes

After watching some of the Chelsea v Forest game I’ll be very surprised if we get anything at all from this.

2 Likes

Looks like their manager knew how to spend 6 weeks getting his team together

2 Likes

I’m certainly relieved we didn’t bother with Cooper when we were so heavily linked with him. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah. No way do we want some Welsh tw…

3 Likes

Poll added to the OP for what it’s worth

1 Like

This ought to be an AV poll, so we can select our first, second and third options.

1 Like

A Sutton speaks :-

Southampton v Nottingham Forest (19:30)

Southampton have lost all three league games under Nathan Jones and have the worst home record in the Premier League - they have taken only six points from a possible 24 at St Mary’s Stadium, and haven’t won there since August.

But Nottingham Forest are the top-flight team with the worst record on the road - they have picked up only two points from eight away games, and scored only once.

Forest were great at home to Chelsea on Sunday and deserved to beat them but, for some reason, they don’t seem able to play that way away from the City Ground.

Both teams are desperate for a win to climb out of the relegation zone, but it’s hard to make a case for either of them to come out on top - I’m going for a draw.

Sutton’s prediction: 1-1

Cian’s prediction: Southampton are really bad at the moment, while Forest have been decent in their past two games. 0-1

Once I accepted the worst, the prospect of losing every game has not been as depressing as it might have been.
We will, occasionally, pick up a few points, but we are heading down, and all our best players and “young prospects” will want away.

1 Like

I’ve run this through Google Translate to convert it into Boardroom Speak, and the result was “revenue sources, immediate but short-term”.

1 Like

Hopefully will be sitting outside a Thermal Bath
down in the Mountains waiting for clients while this hapoens

Saw this post of mine from 2016 - nothing changes

Ok, how the actual fuck am I suppose to keep up this dry January shite when Saints have three games in a week and are playing like they are. Come on lads, throw us a bone here.

2 Likes

Well…
Maybe there
Nope. I got nothing

1 Like