:pl: :saints: Saints v Nottingham Forest :nottinghamforestfc:

I’m actually going to this one with Papa Dizzyfeet. The last time I saw us lose was a 3 nil drubbing by an Eden Hazard led Chelsea.

Last victory was a 1 niller against Aston Villa. (that should have been 3 or 4). Cracking finish from A. Armstrong… Has he even scored in the prem since?

I’m not expecting him to tomorrow evening either tbh.

A Armstrong scored this season at home to Chelsea

1 Like

So he did yes…

1 Like

Let’s take the positives from tonight. If we beat Forest tomorrow by 8 goals or more, we’ll overtake Everton on goal difference. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Cmon bros! We will win. Why? Coz we BEAT Chelsea and played BETTER than Forrest did and look at where we are now? Getting a point at that place is a poisoned chalice I tells ya.

Sure we are playing crappier than a baby’s nappy but feck me, get behind the team and show some positivity! Even if you all think we are doomed, we can break shite records, play better and still go down OR like every year upon year, a team threatened with relegation turns their form around at the perfect time of the season! WTF can it not be us??

Bonus round is now is NOT the time to put a run of form together! Some w’s in the column now will obvs be nice don’t get me wrong but the golden run of form needs to be saved till later in the season

2 Likes

Pause for hollow laughter.

Ye of little/no faith

1 Like

I’m always the eternal optimist, but it’s been tough to watch this season.

That being said, we need more posts like @OzSaintDave. What you think about, you bring about and if we’re all down and despondent there’s no way we’ll be able to turn things around.

I will be there tonight, shouting and supporting my team right to the final whistle!

Unless of course we’re 3 nil down at half time… :joy:

Come on your reds!

4 Likes

Referee team for tonight :-

Referee: Thomas Bramall.
Assistants: Marc Perry, Bhupinder Singh Gill.
Fourth official: John Brooks.
VAR: Lee Mason.
Assistant VAR: Darren Cann.

Thomas Brammall the referee is comparatively new to the PL, this will be his 4th game in the PL.

He does not appear to be ‘card happy’ and was praised by Thomas Franks, the Brentford manager, for the way he took charge of their goalless draw with Bournemouth. He was asked by the VAR to review an on-field decision he had made, this usually means the ref changing his decision nine times out of ten. But after looking at the pitch side monitor he stuck with his own on-field decision.

Lets hope there are no VAR referrals tomorrow, Lee Mason is the VAR and we know it’s all about him!!

1 Like

Fixed :sunglasses:

1 Like

You know desperation has set in when it’s eight hours before kickoff and we’re already blaming the ref. :+1::+1::joy:

7 Likes

I was too late to vote but for the record I’m firmly in the fucked camp.

And for some bizarre reason, I suspect encroaching dementia, I’ve driven 200 miles to watch it.

6 Likes

The perpetual optimist in me says you’ll be eating humble pie for the rest of the week as Dave and I shove a much improved performance down all your throats. :lou_lol:

3 Likes

LOLOLOL

Your dementia is no longer encroaching, is it.

2 Likes

Yeah but we had a much improved performance Saturday and what did that do for us?

1 Like

Mara starts!

Had hoped we’d see DCC instead of Lyanco or Salisu. He featured in our only clean sheet and has the strongest aerial duel stats apparently.

Edozie has been our best player (low bar) dropped of late so naturally he’s dropped. We can’t overload these kids remember :roll_eyes:.

Stu Armstrong? What is the deal there?

Positives? Lavia is back.

I have a feeling Stu Armstrong will be gone soon - can’t see him wanting to stay with as a sometimes used sub.
Or is he holding an injury which restricts his playing time?
Complete mystery to me.

Adam Blackmore is talking about this now on Solent. Hopefully he’ll ask the question directly at some point.

Even Ralph only used him as an impact sub