🏆 :saints: Saints v Manchester City :mancityfc: - FA Cup Quarter Final 2021/22 (Live on the :bbc:)

Or is it a ploy to wrong foot Citeh? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Isn’t this team news bullshit?

3 Likes

Yep, might be a bit of truth but don’t think for a fucking second Ralph is going to name half the team more than two days early.

2 Likes

Ralph said on his presser that he has not decided on the team yet.

1 Like

I was just reading the comments on the link. They were after hits and they got some.

Recent performances might warrant a change in the lineup anyway. Hopefully Ralph goes for our strongest available team. A semi final awaits.

Yep Sotonians have a fair selection of cunts but none to match Mike Dean. :rage:

2 Likes

I forgot the 🤦

1 Like

Excused.

At least the twat Lawro is back on form which gives us some hope.

Premier League (10th) v Premier League (1st)
Who did they beat?
5R: West Ham (PL) H 5R: Peterborough © A
4R: Coventry © H 4R: Fulham © H
3R: Swansea © A 3R: Swindon (L2) A

Southampton have given Manchester City a good game twice already this season - drawing home and away in the league - but Saints have hit the buffers a little bit recently.

Three successive defeats, to Aston Villa, Newcastle and Watford, mean they won’t come into this game with quite the same confidence they had earlier in the year.

City have got plenty to think about too, although I don’t think their draw at Crystal Palace on Monday was a terrible result, it’s really only made to look bad because Liverpool keep on winning.

Still, I was a bit surprised Pep Guardiola didn’t make any attacking substitutions to try and change that game as it went on - instead, Raheem Sterling and Gabriel Jesus were left on the bench.

When you look at how Klopp has been using his bench to make an impact on tight matches, and give the opposition something different to think about, it seemed an odd decision by Pep.

Lawro’s prediction: 0-2

Mez’s prediction: Southampton seem to save their best for City, and they were a problem team for Liverpool last season too - they beat us at their place when Danny Ings got the winner. It’s going to be tight and I think Saints will be quite defensive but I am going with City to edge it. 1-2

Well, if this is any omen to go by here it goes.

My local Oz Rules Team lost by one point today which is akin to losing 4-5 to a 90+ min winner.

So there

Have we been practicing penalties?

I love your optimism.

Seriously, no sarcasm.

1 Like

There’s a chance! That’s what I’m going with. We’ve played well against them this season but, YES, it’s Citee. They have quality everywhere.

I can’t see us parking the bus for c+120mins to get a 0:0 and go to penalties tbh

They will dominate possession and score but we will get chances.

We always play better against the ‘top’ teams*.

*excluding the odd 9-0 defeat.

1 Like

Palace managed to keep them out, but we will have to defend better than we did against Watford.

Theres a poll option for that in the OP, can’t see your avatar against it :man_shrugging:

I have attended to this.

I fancy us on penalties.

1 Like

Among other things, we need our centre backs to turn up today. Neither of them did against Watford.

2 Likes

And remember to mark John Stones at set pieces.