:saints: Saints v Man U :manunitedfc: (PL)

I hope Baz didn’t put any money on his prediction of 3-0 to Utd.

3 Likes

Corrected for you @gavstar

3 Likes

No mine was right, Baz needs to save his money so he can buy me a beer next time we meet up :lou_smiley:

At his house to watch on screen then

Just watched it, strangely Utd were under more pressure than we were before the game. Lemina looked the standout player, i’ve only seen the highlights so I defer to anyone who was there. Decent point I guess.

Only caught from just before the Utd second goal and I am very proud of our team. We had a right royal go at them in the 2nd half. Yes, we did look a bit ropey in defence but that was outweighed by our desire to try and win the match. V pleased with a point against Utd

7 Likes

The last (and only) time I met Baz we stuffed liverpool 1-0 on their home patch, I haven’t seen him at a game since and it has been all downhill from there :lou_sad:

#getbaztomoregamesandwecanavoidrelegationandadministartionletsgetthistrendingonthattheretwitterthing

3 Likes

We all have our Baz stories

The time I met him was at the FA Cup semi final pre match beers.

We lost…so proof things were going downhill even then.

Quite an affable fella irl.

2 Likes

Baz version of events: ‘Things were going from bad to worse then I met that there Cobham-Saint and we got stuffed in the semi final and really hit a low point, i wish I had met up with Gavstar instead because Cob is truly a bad omen and we have only lost games that we have both been to’

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It was a decent point, standouts for me were valery and obafemi, chucked in at the deep end and didn’t let us down :lou_smiley:

4 Likes

I blame the rest of the Sotonians family and their families that were there tbh.

I watched it all live from my bunk in the South China sea and got a warning from the guy next door because I woke him up when we scored the first goal with a verbal Get the fuck in at 60 decibels at 01:40 AM :lou_lol:

6 Likes

Weird how you in the middle of fuck knows anywhere on the other side of the world could see the goals a minute before me listening via the Saints website less than 90miles Away…

1 Like

I don’t believe he lives in a bunk and the South China doesn’t exist

1 Like

He’s Nigel and lives in a studio flat in Shirley

3 Likes

@PhilippineSaint probably has a bunk bed at his mum’s in Blackfield

:lou_sunglasses:

(In jest @PhilippineSaint)

1 Like

Yes sorry mate

1 Like

Great init :lou_lol:

1 Like

Morning after…
Utd were awful. No wonder Jose is under pressure. OK they had injuries but they played at walking pace. We should have taken them to the cleaners. Rashfird dug them back into the game on his own.
Our defenders are either thick or useless how many games now where they cannot get tight to a player or stand up to a player and hold them basic Sunday League stuff.
That said, we look sharper and fitter. We pressed much better. Redmond is so much better playing direct instead of playing in confused circles. Armstrong is also so much more effective when not out wide.
I hoped to see these types of improvements with changes to the backroom team and we are. That is a huge positive.
Hughes is playing positive football, the formation change seems to be improving us. The Nippers show real promise.
We should have won that, if we can avoid a stuffing on Wednesday I believe we will start grinding out results as confidence improves.
And finally we are scoring decent goals again.
Improvement still needed but we are better than we were.
Would have bitten anyone’s arm off for a point before the game. Disappointed we didn’t win that which is a pleasant surprise

7 Likes

By the end of a game that was a dramatic exercise in incompetence between two struggling teams, it was anybody’s guess whether Southampton boss Mark Hughes or Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho would find himself strapped to the altar first.

Good point, well made.