Saints V Liverpool League Cup Semifinal First leg

The hope for me is that we massively turn up tomorrow, perhaps fluke a 2-1 lead or something, and Liverpool take their foot off the gas, overconfident in their ability to simply beat us at Anfield.

Hopefully we can then go to Liverpool and just outright park the bus. I’d actually prefer that than beating them in a goalfest as it’d wind them right up.

2 Likes

Good point about the away leg. That would be very enjoyable.

If Liverpool could all get food poisoning for a fortnight as well, that might help.

4 Likes

Is it only me or is there anybody else getting up at stupid oclock 03:45 to watch this ?

Obviously you all know the Away goals rule for this match…

Or maybe you didnt…

Think deep down, 1 reason. I’m not Barry’d for this is we could win 3-1 tonight, loose 2-0 up there, play extra time and then go out before penalties.

Or is it I expect to get torn a new one up there/can’t see us scoring in Soi Cowboy…

2 Likes

No.

REALLY important business breakfast meeting at stupid O’clock tomorrow.

Ah that’s no excuse you cry.

Bloody is as if goes well should be able to get back more!

1 Like

Is that the one with the girls or boys in?

Classie strikes me as the one that will score with the boys for fun.

edited due to stupid electronics again

Could not sleep, so was around then, does that count? #excited?

Only if it is my time tomorrow

1 Like

For our lot at the moment?

Any of them

‘I know I’m brain damaged from heading footballs,’ Nicholl, a tall, formidable centre-back in his playing days, says. 'I used to head 100 balls almost every day.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4107106/Chris-Nicholl-won-two-League-Cups-paid-high-price-used-head-100-balls-day-don-t-remember-good-times-well.html#ixzz4VRQD0lJU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Good interview with Chris Nicholl on Brain Damage & a prevew of the game

1 Like

Bloody hell I would never have put him at 70 years old

Southampton (from): Forster, Van Dijk, Bertrand, Martina, Ward-Prowse, Hojbjerg, Romeu, Taylor, Yoshida, Davis, McQueen, Reed, Long, Sims, Redmond, Rodriguez, Tadic.

Liverpool (from): Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Coutinho, Ojo, Sturridge, Firmino, Mignolet, Clyne, Gomez, Moreno, Lucas, Stewart, Ejaria, Origi, Woodburn.

What a sad read that is about Chris Nicholl.

Losing his memory, divorced and living alone in a little flat - the gulf between footballers past and present is enormous…

I remember him as a great player - and the only bloke I’ve ever known to have a purple Ferrari.

2 Likes

Those old footballs were like heading cannonballs, especially when they were wet. The Old man used to have one that we used to use for a kick about (cos it was a “grown ups” ball). Everytime that thing hit me in the chest, it used to flatten me.

4 Likes

I remember playing for the school on a rainy Saturday morning in the early '60s. If the opposing full-back took a goal kick you always let it drop first and then challenged for the ball but for some reason I took the gung-ho approach. We were pissing all over the opposition (Bartley) as we usually did and our pumped-up state led to me heading a goal kick.

I never did it again…I recovered in the late '80s.

5 Likes

Big shock in our line up tonight apparently.

Says our what’s app crew

Gardos or McCarthy then

Claude said McCarthy is still out. That is a loooong time for a hamstring injury by all accounts.

Gardos truly is the forgotten man. He doesn’t even get a mention in the injury updates anymore. I heard he was back playing for the U23s but is he injured again or just shite? Hard to see him having a future here to be honest.

All the more reason to get in another centre back, regardless of Fonte’s situation (and VVDs inevitable ‘situation’ in the summer). It would be nice to get that man in January so that he can bed in ahead of next season. It would be a great change to have new players in place ahead of the start of the new season. Both Alderweireld and VVD were deadline dayers.

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

Big shock in our line up tonight apparently.

Fonte is playing.

1 Like

I cannot see anything but a Liverpool win and that is not normal for me. But Liverpool at 7/5 is a softener.