:pl: :saints: Saints v Everton :evertonfc:

Yes, good to see a response from the team, this is more like it. Now let’s go on and win it.

Clear penalty there, is the ref blind?

2 Likes

Armstrong is a cunt, what marking was that? Fucksake.

Bleak times.

2 Likes

Well that was a poor performance again. The press seems to have vanihsed, the team don’t seem to know each other. Something is very rotten in the state of Denmark.

My main concern is that the players seem to have forgotten how to tackle :man_shrugging:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: :desert_island: Barry Island - Home of the Whopper :hamburger:

They don’t want to get injured as they are leaving, them doing that in November means they know we’re fucked, they’re not, in this mediocre league they’ll be fine the little lambs.

Boo!

I’d just like to remind people that we ended that match with Djenepo at left wing-back and Stuart Armstrong at right wing-back and we lost PEH in the run-up to the game.

Not defending that performance, but you cannot expect us to perform with personnel playing where they didn’t ought. How we got to that situation is another story…

That is one of my concerns about Ralph, his desire to play players out of position, it’s bizarre…

Again, not defending (if you’ll excuse the pun) anyone, but he hasn’t had a lot of luck at right/left back/wingback.

Can Ralph survive the next 7 days? Who would want to step into his shoes?

Hate to say it but hassenhutl looks out of his depth, players playing out of positions has been going on for a while now, with the same result every time. Sadly it seems that he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

He had Valery on the bench and we know Cedric can deputise at left back so why we went with what we did is a mystery.

Something is very broken within the club and I don’t think Ralph can do it on his own.

It’s pretty bloody depressing.

2 Likes

Cedric did start at left (wing) back and struggled - perhaps after coming back from injury?

Valery has no power of concentration and isn’t the wonderkid the club over-promoted him to be.

Bertrand suspended.

The club sold Targett who could at least deputise.

Danso didn’t look much like a wing-back when I saw him against…Chelsea (I think).

Those position has been mismanaged and we’ve suffered poor luck.

I think you fix those, don’t panic, stop playing JWP everywhere and anywhere and we’ll turn this around.

I wish I had your confidence.

Who can we offload in January to release funds for the three players we desperately need (a fullback, CB and CM)? In my opinion.

Terrible first half performance. Slightly better in the second. How the fuck did Romeu stay on for the whole game?

I wouldn’t say I’m confident, but I can see what’s happened.

We’ve not had first choice players in a few key positions and this has meant we can’t build that rhythm.

Plus I really think we’re missing Danny Rohl. Something about that move has dragged us down.

Who can we sell?

Supersaint?

Selling Targett was a mistake.
Are Romeu and JWP the least mobile midfield pair in the league?
If I was Ralph I would go balls out for the next few games.
MC Car thief
Cedric Bednarek Danso Bertrand
Armstrong Højbjerg Djenepo
Boufal Ings Redmond

5 Likes

Yeah Rohl is looking like a major loss. No idea why we didn’t replace him. That other video guy came in but he isn’t an assistant manager, like Rohl was.

No DOF yet either.

1 Like

So, we find ourselves in the same position as this time last year. It was a monumental effort from players and manager to avoid relegation last year and now we have to do it again. Sadly I don’t think the players or manager have the mental strength to pull it off, the pressure of that 9-0 defeat will weigh them down for a while yet and the longer we go without a win the worse the pressure will become. I don’t think it helps that Ralph persists with a system that our players can’t seem to cope with, and playing so many players out of position doesn’t seem to be doing their confidence any good, and now we have a couple of weeks for the players to dwell on the last 4 defeats.

At this stage I think selling Targett in the summer has proved very consequential, I questioned it at the time but this one has come home to roost, a lot of Ralph’s selection problems have come at that left back position.

Where we’re at now I think we need 6 points from our next 4 games just to stay in the mix, and I don’t see us getting those points. I also think if Ings stays fit he could get 15-20 goals this season, I also don’t think that will be enough. Sad times.

4 Likes