:saints: Saints v Crystal Palace :crystalpalacefc: (PL)

Well, we’ve taken four of a possible 6 points off them this term

Even @Barry-Sanchez would have taken that before Ralph took over.

We could have / should have done better tonight though.

As @Saint-CD would say: Onwards and upwards!

2 Likes

I am actually chipper in the sense we actually fucking came back from being down and also in the closing stages, to me that means a lot and it means there is a bit of fight there, we were shit but we still fought at the end, that is something to take away.

9 Likes

Wtf, faint praise for the team?

On behalf of everyone else, I am speechless Baz

:lou_wink:

3 Likes

If we’re going to be cheap and nasty we have might as well have heart and soul.

If I’m being totally honest I’d have taken a point before the game. Palace are decent away from home and Zaha was always going to score against us. (Nice the he is banned now for their next game, even though it’s against Fulham) This always looked a tough game so provided we get positive results against Burnley and Cardiff then we can hopefully look back at this as a decent point.

Positive that we recovered points from a losing position.

1 Like

Baz is on the turn :lou_lol:

4 Likes

No, Baz is thinking of going to the Railway Station…

Prowsey has obviously taken my constructive criticism of his lack of consistency to heart and has upped his game accordingly.

1 Like

Do I get any mention for the prediction poll ? Score draw, no dramas just about summed up proceedings.

Thought we looked proper rusty tonight in spite of our 10 days of training. Gonna have to step it up for Saturday.

Onwards … COYR

Aw fuck, I’ve done it again.

READ THROUGH THE FUCKING THREAD CD.

Doh. Off to bed.

6 Likes

Sweet dreams

Get all the beauty sleep you can.

Couldn’t see us getting anything after the first half so chuffed with a point. Some pretty uninspiring performances today. Our lack of pace at full back on both sides worries me and we really struggle to break down two banks of 4. Way too predictable and slow. We will be facing more of the same against Burnley and Cardiff so we need to improve. And fuck it was cold.

4 Likes

Against Palace who have recently stuffed City on their own patch, pushed Liverpool all the way at Anfield and dumped Spurs out of the FA cup was bound to be a tough match so to come out of it with something having (by all accounts) not played at our best, is a good sign that the players are digging a bit deeper and believing in themselves bit more. This game would only have gone one way 2 months ago.

5 Likes

If they insist on those stupid fire box things, the least they could do is point them at us and leave them on.

Still frozen

3 Likes

Bit harsh that!!

1 Like

Some of us need it and some of us don’t - just sayin’

:lou_wink:

Painfully slow decision making in possession and equally slow, negative passing. Yes Palace were organised, but we kept giving them waaaayyyy too much time to be so. We were better after scoring (a decent goal) but it was too late by then. Very happy to get a point.

Zaha was a dickhead.

2 Likes

Seems I picked a good week to be working in Portishead and staying in Bristol then.

1 Like

You weren’t missed. Other than the others wouldn’t let me smack em round the face and neck.

What the fuck happened to Stephens radar last night, he had the accuracy of a scud missile