Saints going to get it up the Arse

Sparky would rather be somewhere else already :lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

Just want 11 blokes not afraid to put a shift in and have a bloody go. Don’t expect a win, but it’s got to the stage where the team doesn’t even appear to try. Time for someone else to take up the mantle of leadership on the pitch (Romeu?) and motivate 10 others to at least roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. Send all the show ponies and move seekers to the back of the queue and see if we can get a bunch of fellas who aren’t afraid to play this one.

If we can get stuck into the Arse early on, we might get a point.

6 Likes

Don’t think many of us were keen on heading down the Pub Sunday.

Equally being in this place has loads of negatives about it (as in the nightmare ex pat scenario Smiler and myself are in with relatives back home).

However what this place has always managed to do is to give us once in a lifetime moments.

And (all being well) we are going to have a massive moment on Sunday. Heading to the Pub to have a few drinks with one of our Sporting Heroes.

We may not get a #win photo but we will have a moment.

5 Likes

For me, it will be the most interesting team selection of the season. Will Hughes base it upon effort shwon this week in training or will he stick with the last 11 and give them a chance to prove themselves? Hopefully he’s put the hammer on them this week in training and we see a reaction to the pitiful display at WH.

Looking forward to this one although will be watching on TV. Hopefully the bastards don’t make me stove the TV screen in by 2.30pm on Sunday as it’s only 3 months old.

3 Likes

Time for Sparky to show what he is made of. If he can turn this lot on underperformers around he deserves the freedom of the city!

I was at the Emirates last night.

Arsenal played some really lovely stuff going forward (that 2nd Ramsay goal was class), but they were utterly schoolboy at the back. Mustafi & Bellerin were awful. Wilshere had a bit of a shocker too.

Was a weird game, could easily have been 4-4 if CSKA had some players capable of finishing. We’ll definitely get chances against them.

2 Likes

And we have nobody to finish’

Havent had that since Pelle left

Short memory PS. Austin can finish. So can Gabbi (just not since his injury, except at Burnley).

JWP needs to play. He works his butt off and his deliveries are unique in the squad: they often find a team mate.

Upvoted as I’m desperately clinging to any positive thoughts I can find. :lou_sunglasses:

I know they’re 4-1 up but they have a long away trip to Moscow next week, so hopefully they’ll be foot off of the gas.

They’re also more than likely going to finish 6th as well, and with Shitty winning the League Cup the Europa league place will go to the team in 6th so they won’t be stressing about finishing in 5th.

Remind me where he is in the golden boot table?

and Gabbi his last decent finish was the ruled out one from the league cup final.

At the moment we have nobody that is putting the pigs bladder in the onion sack and we need some one to do that if we want to win a game.

You’ve obviously forgotten the goal he scored against West Ham in the first game of the season!!

1 Like

I thought selective history was standard operating procedure on this site :lou_lol:

1 Like

And Russell Howard (who he?) gives us a very back hand compliment, I think…

Russell’s prediction: I am going for Southampton to win and hopefully that again will help Liverpool to secure a top-four place - all of my predictions are so that Liverpool do well.

But I’d like Saints to stay up because, if they don’t, who the hell are we going to buy players from? We can’t go down to the Championship to look at players. 0-2

1 Like

Is that Russell Howard the comedian? As in Russell Howard the comedian from Bristol? As in Russell Howard the comedian from Bristol with the ridiculously strong Bristolian accent?

But OF COURSE he is a fucking Liverpool fan! Of fucking course he is.

Theres only two football clubs in Bristol so naturally he had to pick one to support from nearly 200 miles away.

Twat.

7 Likes

If only…

3 Likes

Does that mean if we get stuffed we should stop calling you useless twats and kick you in th bollocks instead #actionsnotwords

Fellow Sotonians - it happens that I have a spare ticket for the likely debacle tomorrow. Would understand if you all want to avoid completely but if you feel like sharing the pain please PM

Thanks for the offer SO5 but I cannot get a flight in time

4 Likes

Just to assist you SO5 I think it only fair to point out just what a celebrated legendary win this would be for those attending.

Something to regale your grandchildren with…“just when we were facing relegation, favourites for the drop, we went to The Emerates Stadium and stood toe to toe with a great Arsenal side in their pomp. Not only did we beat them, we silenced their rabid support and afterwards walked the streets of North London unchallenged”

Many will claim to have been there even fewer will have the authentic story.

Not for me, all the same, thanks for the offer.

3 Likes