🧍‍♂️🧘🧍‍♀️ Safe standing coming back?

You guys don’t know what real pain is!

Until you’ve had to ring an early leaver and break it to them that pompey just equalised, don’t lecture me about disgust.

#scarredforlife

I said cheaper would be a start not a certainty, since the rise of the middle class attendee the atmosphere has dropped, no more apparent than our dear club, terracing since it went has welcomed in all which is great but its affected the atmosphere.

No ifs not buts its become a spectacle as opposed to a ritual.

I’m old…but I sing, chant, berate the ref, generally make a nuisanse of myself, and noisily insult early leavers.

If you think standing will make any difference, you’re wrong. I sit at The Quiet End and standing will just make my back ache more. If you’re noisy at football matches, you’ll be noisy no matter what.

1 Like

I wonder if there is much correlation between loud home support and success. Never seems to do i.e. Portsmouth i.e. Leeds i.e Newcastle much good.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

I said cheaper would be a start not a certainty, since the rise of the middle class attendee the atmosphere has dropped, no more apparent than our dear club, terracing since it went has welcomed in all which is great but its affected the atmosphere. No ifs not buts its become a spectacle as opposed to a ritual.

I think you need to go to more games, Barry. Our club is a cauldron compared to some of the crap I’ve heard at other grounds.

“Oh, we get more excited when a bigger team turns up”, they say.

Odd. Most would be satisfied enough seeing their own team go out and play. That’s enough to shout about, and we do.

Pap I can assure St Marys isn’t a cauldron.

Louder than both Anfield and The Emirates were last season.

3 Likes

That’s like saying Ray Charles and David Blunkett can see further than Stevie Wonder…

2 Likes

You need to turn up the volume on the TV

1 Like

Yes St Mary’s isn’t that place you linked to the other day, and yes it isn’t Bayern Munich or Monchengladbach but both of these have people orchestrating the flag waving and atmosphere.

On a good day St Mary’s is plenty loud as evinced by the Inter Milan game!! On a bad day, against a crap team, not so I’ll give you that.

But, again, I fail to see how safe standing will improve on this.

1 Like

No I am sure I don’t, its not a cauldron ha ha fuck me the Dell was a cauldron and so were many of that era, the plastic flags sum St Marys up like the newer fan.

2 Likes

Well Bazza is bang ont he money again, its a change and a change for the better, I want to stand and should be given the choice to do so.

who was bang on the money baz? :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

I did one as well mate, fair play to our foresight.

Barry, Gavstar & Friends enjoying the freedom, atmosphere and camaraderie of Safe Standing

3 Likes

Goody gum drops! Somewhere to hang my scarves on when it get’s a bit warm.

1 Like

That safe standing looks shit tho, they may as well not bother. I’m holding out for unsafe standing.

Or to hold yourself upright after a few before the game…

So cynical Bearsy. I fully welcome the possibility of a return to standing. Admittedly the opportunities for frottaging are much more restrictive with this set up, but sometimes you have to make do.

1 Like