👢 🦕 Sacked Le Tissier

To borrow a line from @Complete-Bollocks-Fr, MLT could have been our Tony Pulis.

He’s Sky’s instead.

So they get rid of MLT, Phil Thompson and Charlie Nicholas because they want to move on and freshen things up. And replace them with Tony Fuckin Pulis and Tim(charisma)Sherwood. Oh deary deary me!

4 Likes

Pulis is just going to spend the whole time moaning about the lack of long ball.

1 Like

But it may have been Saints who killed the long ball game. Read on…

1 Like

Redknapp and Woodward era Saints? Hardly.

The skate and the egg chaser.

You did read the whole article, right? Arguably it all started at Southampton FC.

It’s an interesting read. Just goes to show that we don’t know the half of it, we just see our team on the Saturday afternoon for 90 minutes and all this is going on during the week. I’m not sure about all this sports science stuff, I’m old school, for me the beauty of football is it’s simplicity, not sure if filling the player’s heads with all this stuff is beneficial. I doubt if MLT would have been a fan, he was a maverick, born with special gifts which stood him apart from the vast majority of his peers. They maybe could be moulded, but not him and the handful of his ilk. I know Hoddle was completely sold on this stuff, which explains a lot!

1 Like

Le Tiss, Thommo and Nicholas are starring in new Paddy Power ads about life after Soccer Saturday.

First one debuts tomorrow.

2 Likes

Epic

8 Likes

Fucking brilliant - up your’s Sky

:joy:

4 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

I do wonder if the writers of this skit ever saw Gremlins 2.

That skitted the rules of Gremlins far better than this did.

Glad they’re all making a wedge, but to be honest, I’d rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

1 Like