👢 🦕 Sacked Le Tissier

It was an old boys club.
Tired format. Not relevant in these days when anyone can find a stream or a radio commentary.
As big a bunch of Dinosaurs as Keys & Grey.

Which is how they would justify it internally. Being Woke is the reality.

Now. IF the inevitable female member is half as good as Ebony on Sky Cricket then fair enough.
But I doubt it

And there’s nowt wrong with that.

Old boys often have a lot of wisdom.

Absent evidence, I don’t believe the Keys & Grey comparison to be remotely fair.

I quite like Alex Scott. Talks more sense than most.

Difficult isn’t it.
Depending where in the world you live or stream you watch we have had Hoddle, Francis from before Colour TV.
Mcmanaman from late 90’s where most of Soccer Saturday came from.
Let Saux, Beglin and others. Ferdinand gaining prominence based on quota rather than pundit ability imho.
Yet very few from the era of the High Press.
Where are the late 30 something generation who played at least Tiki Taka if not full MoPo pressing.

Now having got pissed with Matt & met him twice since to actually watch a game in the pub I know he is totally knowledgeable and worthy. Equally back in fiverweb days you may recall I asked him about throw-in gate in public & gave a full report so I was also critical to his face.

Should 80’s footballers be pundits? 90’s? Hell even Noughties?

I can understand it as tbh we all mean at many “anal cyst co-commentators”

Equally there is an argument about Quality & Skill & Entertainment value. Would we prefer to listen to Andrew Strauss or John Arlott? Bob Willis or Bumble?

Soccer Saturday’s mistake has been to can Jeff’s team. The replacements won’t come close.
In reality, they probably should have gone the whole hog & canned Jeff & come up with a modern Woke format.
They fvcked up

I expect the four of them to be on another show soon.

Even if it’s just for be.in, it’ll be for more honourable reasons than Keys & Gray.

Also, no-one fucked Murray Walker off because he was 50s-60s.

Can the BBC please do the same with Jason Mohammad?

Was close to cancelling Sky anyway - this is pushing it over the edge I’m afraid.

Enjoy your new Sky Sports team.

Nope - his surname ticks a box

1 Like

If he was also a transgender lesbian, he’d be 100% safe.

PC decision, tick the box and lets have some nepotism and tokenism also.

I actually think Sky are skint.

If the advertisers and subscribers deserted Sky as quickly as I did - having to tell my credit card company to reclaim money taken fraudulently (they promised me sport for 9 months on NowTV and delivered replays of football from the 1970s) - then Sky have a massive shortfall on their hands.

1 Like

A personal view and not Sotonians policy, but can I say that I find the lambasting of minorities, albeit aimed at Sky and not the individual, lazy and damaging.

Cunts. [Someone please move to the pickled thread].

7 Likes

Jeff Stelling says it’s his saddest day at Sky after Charlie Nicholas, Phil Thompson and Matt Le Tissier get sacked as Soccer Saturday pundits.

Wait till he finds out that Alan Carr, Jo Brand and Nish Kumar are the replacements.

3 Likes

I hate Alan Carr as much as I hate Jimmy Carr.

That celebs vs plebs show he did was fucking awful.

1 Like

You’re not alone. I can’t watch him for more than a few moments, he is genuinely appalling. He’s obviously one of the meeja luvvie heemasex quotient, an unfunny talent-free buck toothed cretin camping it up for the cameras like Dale Winton on amyl nitrate.

To be honest, I’m not a fan.

2 Likes

sorry, bit shit and not what I really expected about this place… there is a fair debate to be had about ‘labels’ and whether they are helpful in dealing with bigotry, racism etc… but pisstaking out of minorities is not what I expected here really, more tolerated at SWF…

3 Likes

I stand by my remarks about Alan Carr. The man is a cunt.

1 Like