đŸ‡·đŸ‡ș Russia

They always are, always have been and always will be.

1 Like

I also liked this comment:

1 Like

That amount of Russian dolls is the amount of actual Russian people who have a say in this murderous fascist war.

From sicki this morning

With everybody changing their Facebook profile pics to the Ukrainian flag, and having received strong condemnation from Keir Starmer, surely Putin must be considering pulling out of this conflict?

“my little son”

When some one finally shoots Putin, they should take him to to furthest depths of hell, then dig down a bit further and create his own little special place

To avoid a nuclear war or the threat of one by a fascist tyrant we’re going to let 10’s of 1000’s be slaughtered by indiscriminate bombing, this’ll be worse than what they did in Syria and Grozny, its very very sad and it’ll be hard to say to a Ukrainian we didn’t sacrifice you so we could save ourselves.

He sits alongside Hitler, Amin, Pot, and Stalin.
He wants a legacy and he’ll get one, one of blood.

Yes.
That way we avoid 10’s of millions being burnt to a crisp and 6 billion dying in agony from radiation poisoning.
Wake up

1 Like

Of course Putin & his cronies will live out the rest of their lives in his underground palace

Very Chamberlain, shall we retake the US and threaten to pull the pin if we don’t get our way?

So.
You advocate Nuclear annihilation because your much loved democratic system is corrupt and their appeasement of Putin annoys you.

Nice you care for those outside little england who will die for you

I think you’ll find the Russian missiles point at the UK as well as elsewhere, say your opinions concerning Ukraine to a Ukrainian, what would your solution be? Be brave and spell it out so we can see it, mine is to sanction and continue to fund, help, house, arm the Ukrainians, I welcome yours.

I think there’s a wide ranging discussion wanting to happen but it is difficult when Barry’s latest account just screams the same stuff or calls people traitors or whatever.

It was precisely this level of rabid thoughtless crap that got him banned the first time and I feel we’ve got a record time for 0-60 this time around.

This is a pretty momentous time in history. Sotonians ought to be a decent place to discuss it, dispossessed as it is of the jingoistic zeitgeist.

I am well up for further discussion of this situation. It’s going to dominate for a bit, so it would be nice if the discussion was comprised of slightly more fulfilling fayre than Barry calling Putin Hitler or dredging up an equally hysterical performance to pronounce his victory.

3 Likes

Where?

Where?

I am all for nuance in this, dissuade me from calling Putin Hitler. I challenge you to via discourse and conversation, not insults, innuendo and slight.

Putin has acted exactly like Hitler, I ask you then to discuss the finer points, I am all for that Pap and I have never shied away from closer inspection of a debate.

And can I ask all new punters on here to go right up to the top and read some of the posts, you’ll get a far greater balance and knowledge of posters genuine views of Russia and the World, again some posters should be pretty embarrassed by their (interesting and colourful views) thoughts from only a while ago, Barry seems to have been quite reasonable and resolute in his views in the face of bullying.

And if anyone disagrees with Major Hardon of the 101st Chairborne Division he shall be labelled a traitor.
Saddam, Hitler, Gadaffi, Hitler, Assad, Hitler, Putin, Hitler.
Discussing how we got here and questioning the West’s role in that doesn’t make anyone happy to see Russian tanks rolling in.

2 Likes

I find that offensive to the born yesterday crowd.

They have the right to believe that all evil arrives inevitably and it arrives pure. Whatever @Donkey_Schlong might have said about Putin’s upbringing, Putin was in fact conjured into existence by Saruman at Isengard.

No! No! No!.
Tolkien clearly states that evil cannot make anything new and can only corrupt that which already exists. Putin is clearly a corrupted Maia.

1 Like

Where have I labelled anyone a traitor?
We got where we are basically because a man believes Ukraine doesn’t exist as a nation, shifting the blame elsewhere also isn’t helpful, this is on Putin and Putin alone, not the Russian people (they’ll suffer but Putin won’t care) but Putin and his cronies.
There can be some legitimacy in Russian concerns about missiles on their border (a red herring in many ways as they have them on their border pointing as NATO stations and we all know nuclear war is a zero sum game) but that should not and never detract from any nation if they so want to join an organisation, Putin in many ways been the best advert for NATO

Tanks, planes and troops will now be on Russia’s border.
Sweden and Finland looking at joining closer now than ever before
Ukraine was nowhere near ready to join NATO or the EU for that matter but they’re a lot closer now.

We can discuss the Russian worries about their flat western borders and why they’ve nearly always had buffer zone client states, Poland, Bulgaria, Ukraine etc etc to know about invasion but that does not detract, divert or excuse Putin’s invasion and attempt at liquidating a sovereign nation.