šŸ‘¢ šŸ° Ralph Hasenbooted?

Unfortunately it HAD to be done. Thanks for everything Ralph.xxx

1 Like

Email from the club:

Southampton Football Club can confirm it has parted company with Menā€™s First Team Manager Ralph HasenhĆ¼ttl.

HasenhĆ¼ttl, who was appointed in December 2018, departs having made a significant contribution to the club, overseeing some memorable results and also playing a key role in the development of our club infrastructure, identity and playing squad.

However, we now believe it is an appropriate time to make a change.

Everyone involved with the club would like to express their sincere thanks to Ralph for all of his efforts, as well as the unwavering commitment he has shown throughout his time as manager.

Alongside Hasenhuttl, the Saints also confirmed first team assistant coach Richard Kitzbichler has left the club.

My sentiments exactly.

2 Likes

The irony that one of the other rare, decent, honourable and very likeable former managers who was fired was at SMS at half time yesterday.

3 Likes

Was saying just the same thing to @SimplySaint. The reality is that Ralph isnā€™t missing all the glaring goal scoring opportunities, nor is he brain farting the defensive line. However, you only need to look at Villa to see that ā€œnew manager bounceā€ is not myth and legend. Personally, I donā€™t think he was the problem but he had to go for the sake of the Club. Sad days 'cos it means weā€™re just like the rest of them ā€¦ hiring and firing to meet fanbase pressure. SCD

3 Likes

I know that you all know where I stood on this one.

Too drawn out this saga, tainted his rep and legacy at our club.

Imho, buck has to stop somewhere and itā€™s usually at the top in football.

Now we see what the new owner is made of

That was everything

1 Like

https://www.oddschecker.com/insight/football/20221107-next-southampton-manager-odds-luton-boss-jones-favourite-to-replace-hasenhuttl

They better pull an improvement with the replacement. If they go all Lowe on us I will not be happy. Without a new striker a new manager will not do any better. Losing faith in the club again for the first time since 2009.

Already planning for a championship promotion push next year? Gulp.

Iā€™m always suspicious of odds on new managers. Only takes a few big early pubts to sway the odds. And not sure about Nathan Jonesā€¦His move to Stoke didnā€™t exactly go well.

I think weā€™re far more likely to look to Europe.

2 Likes

The Athletic are talking about Jones, not just the bookiesā€¦

ā€œSouthampton are hoping to make a swift appointment and are understood to already have a preferred replacement.ā€

Club looking to move swiftly. Yeah right!

If they do then it is someone they already have lined up.

From saintslist :-

Some more names being bandied aboutā€¦

Nathan Jones - Luton - Seems to have a reputation for developing youngsters and has over achieved with Luton.

Sean Dyche - many though this dinosaur extinct!!

Rafael Benitez - Defensive minded but successful where ever he has been

Nuno Espirito Santos - ex of Wolves and Spurs - got Wolves playing some nice football but relied on a lot of Portuguese players

Marcelo Gallardo - recently ex of River Plate - another Bielsa disciple - high press high energy

Some more left field ones being mentioned:

Knutsun - Norway manager

Kompany - currently Burnley

Pedro Martins - Olympiacos

Nathan Jones failed at Stoke. Gallardo looks good, possibly, as does Jaissle, if we could get him. Not really keen on any of the others.

No surprise at all and its too late, but at least the WC break should hopefully provide the new guy with a bit of time to get to grips with the team. I liked and disliked Ralph in equal measure. Admired his loyalty and enthusiasm and occasionally disliked his team selections, formation buggeration, dicking around in the cup and crying against Liverpool. Decent guy by all accounts but i always felt that he never really had that bond with the players. A few times it seemed the post match cameras caught Ings, Adams, Redmond, etc all cool to his reactions to them. Not sure if iā€™m talking shite and just reading between the lines, but it never looked like he was as liked as Adkins or Poch was. Anyway, onward and upward (hopefully). Cheers Ralph, the 6m quid a year will help your retirement and you can always look back on the 9-0ā€™s with a chuckle as most other clubs would have booted their manager out on their arse straight away.

2 Likes

:grimacing: