Politician accused of being part of 'VIP paedophile' ring

Interesting that his wife seems to accept these allegations immediately. I wonder if she knew or suspected at the time? He seemed such a nice guy at the time. Just goes to show you cant tell a book etc…

From what I have read it seems as though the TV programme makers have shown their programme to the remaining family members before now. I suspect the poor woman had no idea and was horrified at being told, but has still had time to prepare her response before today.

Interesting the links to the McCanns. Not suggesting anything, just that it’s an interesting slant and the Telegraph is giving it a fair bit of prominence in it’s article.

The inquiry’s third chair has resigned.

She’s been criticised for taking a 3 month holiday during the inquiry, but there are also reports that she was set to resign months ago following interference from the Home Office.

I’d expect all criminals to be dead by the time this finally concludes.

Why do we pay people the best part of £10k a week to work at a snail’s pace and eventually fail?

Even Tommy Forecast was paid less than that not to his job, so why do we accept these appalling appointments and failures in vital postions?

£500k a year!! WT actual F?

I know only £350k of that were her actual wages.but WT actual F?

Hotels + expenses + (presumably) 1st class flights from NZ + 350K

Not bad remuneration for being ineffectual.

Seems like a colossal waste of money, but imo, this inquiry was never serious anyway. It looked, briefly, as it might uncover the truth of matters after the first two compromised chairs had to step down and we got someone neutral.

Guess being around here a bit gave her an idea of the scale of the task, and the forces she’ll be arrayed against.

It simply proves there is a them and us.

Ms Rudd said in a statement:

“I would like to thank Dame Lowell Goddard for the contribution she has made in setting up the inquiry so that it may continue to go about its vital work.”

**No! **

She doesn’t get to resign, you sack her, cancel her last pay cheque and ask_ what the fuck have you been doing??_

1 Like

“I’d expect all criminals to be dead by the time this finally concludes”

That’s the plan.

1 Like

I bought a VIP Pedo Ring off ebay for £14.95 plus P&P. It is access all areas srs.

1 Like

Of course, when I say “dead”, I just mean “never seen again”.

They all seem to die right before any serious revelations break. Probably living on a private island somewhere with Robert Maxwell :lou_smiley:

Oi pap, do you think the football paedo scandals is gonna play a useful role in cover up this story? I bet the Authorities are Loving It!

Yes, yes, there is paedo in all parts of society, but Football! OMG! Front page news! We have to throw the book at these scum! I bet the football paedo scandal is brought to public justice 100 times quicker than the politician ones srs.

Interesting question, Bear.

Wouldn’t be surprised. I’ve no idea why Paul Stewart chose now to speak up about his experiences, and wouldn’t suggest that he’s doing it for dodgy reasons. However, Barry Bennell was convicted in 1998, almost 20 years ago.

A potentially more interesting story is why no-one made a bigger thing of it then.

2 Likes

Been a bit surprised there isn’t a thread about the footballers disclosing abuse.

With others coming out and talking about it perhaps he finaly felt ok about speaking up himself? None of us have been in those situations (I hope) and we dont know how we would react in the same circumstances. I doubt if youngsters would want to put themselves in a position where they would get a lot of stick. There are still plenty of gay footballers who feel like they cant be open about their sexuality. It has clearly traumatised many people (not just this abuse) and I just hope that they find some kind of peace with it all now.

2 Likes

really sad and touching to see these been speak about their abuse on the news tonight. I’ve worked with a man for 15 years who used to be in Crewes books as a youngster. He got injured and his career ended but he told me about 13 years ago about the rumours of child abuse at Crewe and mentioned Dario Gradys name. People in football have known about this for years and they did nothing. That’s a disgrace. I’ve just seen mark Palios on newsnight saying it was a different time. How fucking dare he. That is not an excuse, not when it was brought to their attention at the FA.

the whole world.seems to be going to hell in a handcart.

2 Likes

I note that they’re going to be folding this into the larger Child Sex Abuse inquiry, which might answer what Bear was asking earlier on. While we’d all like to think that this is happening because of some desire to ensure that victims of child abuse within football get the same level of support in terms of resources, I don’t think that’s what’s happening here. Suddenly this inquiry, already not delivering and focused on establishment paedophiles, is going wider… By the time it finally concludes, expect one, maybe two living politicians to be charged (if that) along with a list of dead ones we already know about.

Unless the coppers find clear evidence that there is a link, the football element should be investigated and reported on separately. I know that in both cases, tremendous harm was done to both children and the adult lives they’d have to live thereafter. However, I think the footballing case is closer in nature, if not in scale, to the scandal that broke in the Catholic church. With the Catholic church cases, we’re talking about abuse within an institution, known about to some degree, ignored by non-abusers that to save personal or institutional reputations. The investigation may prove otherwise, but I cannot see that sexual abuse within football is going to have been as widespread or as organised as within the Roman Catholic church. It needs to be stamped out wherever it exists, and eyes should have been on football sooner.

The Westminster ring is more serious because it’s a network which spans multiple institutions. Some might say that from the perspective of the victims, there’s no real difference; abuse occurred in every case. That’s true, but the ability to get listened to is going to vary wildly. For the crime to be detected, someone must first say something. They must then be believed. It must be difficult enough for a kid on a council estate to approach her mum and tell her something’s up with the new boyfriend. Any of the boys in the football cases would have had to lay their word against respected professionals within a respected industry. The children abused by Catholic clergy had to convince people that “men of God” belonging to an ancient, vast and globespanning operation, were nothing but. Even so, we know these difficulties can be overcome. These institutions can have their power checked by the criminal justice system with the right political will.

There was no political will to investigate these claims when historically reported. There seems little political will to shine a proper light on these abuses now. Even when most of the suspected players have dropped off the mortal coil, my gut feeling is that the inquiry won’t get us any closer to the truth, especially now that the football stuff has been folded in. There’ll be white papers on how such things can be spotted in high risk organisations, and lots of “isolated incidents”. I daresay that the footballers might even get their justice, and positively change the game to prevent reoccurrence.

The victims of Westminster abuse that weren’t listened to then are getting shouted down now. They’ll never get justice, their abusers will never see punishment, nor will the British public ever get to find out how fragments of multiple public institutions became cogs in a gigantic child rape (and possibly murder) machine.

4 Likes

Saints now mentioned in the football abuse scandal.

Time for a new thread?

Slightly surprised it’s taken that long to start a thread on the subject.