šŸ“» Podcast recommendations

I think he sort of covered how he felt when they went their separate ways on Walking the Dog with Emily Dean.

Her podcast is worth a listen as she has a good number of interesting guests.

Joe Rogan has had some great guests on his podcast lately, today he dropped a 3 hour interview with Edward Snowden. If you like UFO stuff he also had Commander David Fravor on a couple of weeks ago which was also a bit of an eye opener, his hour with Bernie Sanders was also pretty solid. As podcasts go I think he is leading the way.

I was a guest on a podcast talking about mental health, my own in particular. It was a great experience.

2 Likes

So RHLSTP last night did not disappoint but apparently these wonā€™t be out until next year. He does a signing at the end. Didnā€™t bother last night but may do next week.

I have 200 podcasts downloaded. I think I have a problem.

So I also listen to
Films to be Buried With by Brett Goldstein. We could probably have the list on a thread and see which are our faves, we donā€™t like, etc.

Book Shambles with Robin Ince and Josie Long.

The Horne Section

Women Like Us

Drunk women solving crimes (Richard Herrings wife is one of them)

Teenage Mixtape

David Tennant does a podcast withā€¦ (mainly his friends)

Off Menu with James Acaster and Ed Gamble

Sex Power Money with Sara Pascoe

Griefcast

Have you heard Georgeā€™s Podcast?

Rhlstp tonight. Briefly said hello to Rachel Parris and stood next to Charlie Brooker. Iā€™m done.

Sad news on Athletico Mince, a podcast that used to be one of the only things @Fatso ever agreed on.

After gaining a fanbase, it has been clear for quite some time that the podcast has been looking to monetise itself, which is fair enough. These things take time and effort.

Clearly, the revenue from the ads they played a lot wasnā€™t bringing enough readies in, so what they did next was start a new paid podcast called Club Parsnips.

The quantity of Mince has suffered accordingly. Weā€™ve not had a fresh delivery in a month. Weā€™ll get more episodes, sure, but they will mostly be adverts for Club Parsnips.

If you like shit stories and by that I mean stories about shit try Shagged, Married, Annoyed by Chris Ramsey and Rosie Ramsey. Chris is a stand up comedian who you may have seen on TV (just been in Strictly). Theyā€™re from South Shields (loved it up there when I lived up North for a bit).
There are some horrific but v funny stories sent in by people.

Just listen to Guilty Feminist podcast on Lesbos and refugees.

Worth a listen.

I think youā€™ll find youā€™re not allowed to call them lesbos any more. HTH.

5 Likes

Sounds a lot like this short film I saw online the other day.

Richard Herring is doing a thing on Twitch on Wednesday nights (I missed his one with buckles but will watch it later). Next week he is chatting to Robert Webb. This will be a future podcast.
I had booked two RHLSTPs. One was Adam and Joe and Lolly Adefope :unamused: The other one was with Tim Key and Isy Suttie.

Ive enjoyed the last two Adam Buxton podcasts whilst walking about.
Ive stopped listening to Richard herring. Im not sure why. I think I might have got annoyed by him.
Louis theroux has a new one out on BBC sounds, I think.

Iā€™ve got just under 100 on my phone to listen to but never get around to it now I donā€™t have to get a lot of public transport or walk as much. I cannot listen to them at work. Need to have a binge day at some point.

Same thing probably happened with Stewart Lee.

1 Like

A lot of people watch Joe Roganā€™s video podcasts on YouTube. Not for long. Heā€™s just done a deal to take his show and the archive to Spotify for $100million.

This podcasting. Serious business.

Iā€™ve enjoyed the two Louis theroux podcasts from BBC sounds that Iā€™ve listened to.

Jon Ronson
Boy George

Athletico Mince may be dead. Non-Bob is getting dog-piled.

1 Like
4 Likes

Whatā€™s peak Partridge for you, @Fatso?

I think for me, itā€™s got the be the Knowing Me Knowing You radio series, but I am so very fond of that first season of Iā€™m Alan Partridge.

I just LOVED the 1936 Olympic re-enactment. History brought to life, such a wonderful tribute to those women athletes.

1 Like