📻 Podcast recommendations

Ooooh I need to get on that!

There are 2 guests so I guess each makes a much shorter contribution than normal

1 Like

Yes please

Been listening to Evil genius with Russell Kane. Each one discusses someone famous we think are ace and bring in some not so great facts about them or someone we hate ans bring in some nice things about them. The panel then decide if they’re evil or genius. Found out some new stuff about people.

There’s a new Buckles out today.

1 Like

Off to see Buckles tomorrow night do his Bug 59 at BFI. I got the last ticket and will be bang centre front row. :roll_eyes:

https://twitter.com/profanityswan/status/1153231196421271552

Frank Turner has a little podcast out to compliment his new album No Mans land.
I’ve enjoyed the 3 so far.

I’m off the Frank Turner.

He’s ubiquitous. I worry about going for a shit and seeing Frank Turner’s head pop through the u-bend.

Indeed he tours a lot. But then he may be trying to fill a void with that. So I will give him a pass.

Off to see a Buckles podcast be recorded at the London Podcast festival down the road at Kings Cross on Friday.

So I headed to Kings Place in Kings Cross last Friday to see Adam Buxton’s podcast be recorded. This was with George the Poet.
We got.to song along to 2 of Buckles Jingles (I’ve made it into a podcast-maybe).
Had vaguely heard of George but have now downloaded his podcast and listened to the first one and it is really good.

Booked myself another RHLSTP with Tim Minchin and Sara Pascoe (saw her last time). V excited about seeing Tim.

I’m going to the RHLSTP in Winchester tonight. It’ll be my first.

I’ve heard he likes a nervous virgin.

2 Likes

I’ve been to 2. Enjoy!

1 Like

I would recommend Retronauts to the gaming crowd. They look at old games in depth, how they came to be, the people involved, the cultural impact.

Was great fun. One guest straight up funny, the other hilariously awkward and tense. Sometimes I like those ones even better.

1 Like

Latest Buckles is with Chris Morris. Not yet listened to it but should be good.

Looking forward to my RHLSTPs in a few weeks. One is with Charlie Brooker.

1 Like

I am glad Buckles found his thing. He seemed so lost when Joe became big Hollywood director and writer bloke. I was always a huge fan of their work together. Buckles very much reminds me of Bartlett, especially in the Channel 4 show they did.

Now that they’re separated, it’s a lot easier to see who brought what to that dynamic. Buxton never needed Cornish specifically to be funny, but he is the sort of chap that is at his best when he’s with somebody.

I’ve got quite a few to catch up on.

1 Like