šŸ“» Podcast recommendations

I genuinely donā€™t know and wouldnā€™t want to go down the route of attempting to rank them. Ive loved all Partidge stuff, even Alpha Papa.

Thereā€™s no conscious ranking. Itā€™s just based on what I find myself going back to. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a boring moment in that first radio show.

Iā€™m Alan Partridge was a slow burner for me. but probably contains some of the greatest ever exchanges.

Havenā€™t seen all of this yet, but Iā€™ve a lot of time for Rogan and Burr.

Oliver Stone

Athletico Mince is back.

Bob Mortimer was busy doing the fishing show thing and Andy Dawson, his co-host, had to keep a low profile after going on Twitter and tweeting Goveā€™s wife that heā€™d like to kick Gove in the bollocks in front of his kids.

A sentinment @Goatboy would approve of, I am sure.

Not technically a podcast but didnā€™t know where else to put it. If you want a nice inside view of matchdays check out Ben Fosterā€™s VLOGs on youtube.

Alexei Sayleā€™s podcast.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7736438-keir-starmer-establishment-tool

Not sure if all of these fit here, but I have found some quality stuff on YouTube.

Mr Sunday Movies - Caravan of Garbage - two very likeable Aussie nerds chatting shit about sci-fi.

Cinematic Excrement - A channel that looks at bad movies, with a good series on everything that has won a Razzie.

Inside of you - a lot less MeToo than it sounds. Michael Rosenbaumā€™s podcast, most famous for playing Lex Luthor during the run of Smallville. A lot of Smallville alumni appear on this show talking about their experiences, along with other giants of the science fiction world. Clancy Brown was on the other week.

Went off these two a while back, they obviously love the material theyā€™re reviewing but I got fed up with them trying to shoehorn a joke/witty comment into every sentence, often quite repetitively.

I think Iā€™ve listened to loads of their back catalogue already. Iā€™m enjoying the Christopher Reeve Superman series theyā€™re doing at the minute.

Too many of these people are just trying to do RedLetterMedia (e.g. Smack Talk is basically a puppet-themed homage) or making a living out of slagging shit off.

These two do seem genuinely enthusiastic about the stuff they like.

No Such Thing As A Fish currently doing a 20-hour live stream for Comic Relief, if funny triviaā€™s your thing

1 Like

Having recently read a couple of the books discussed by Pollan, I enjoyed this Joe Rogan podcast:

Goaters hawking for Spotify there.

Is this your ā€œBrewdogā€, Goat? Will we eventually find out that Spotify have been keeping Rogan in a cage where they poke him with sharp sticks?

Nah. Iā€™m a Deezer man. Friend sent me the Spotify link.

Shame. Iā€™ve been sharpening a stick.

1 Like

This could be worth a listen, for some more than others.

I didnā€™t know this until last night, but Alan Partridge has a podcast, and very good it is too.

Itā€™s just Alan and whomever he comes across. As someone who thinks the radio series of KMKY is among the finest comedy of the 1990s, Iā€™m really enjoying it - and am already planning on listening to it again for the quotable material.

1 Like