šŸš“ Personal Cycling

1 Like

Lol.

It does say thatā€¦

What model is that Cannondale?

EDIT: If Mrs Bletch asks, Iā€™m asking for a friend.

I did link to it, itā€™s a CAADX 2018

https://www.cyclesolutions.co.uk/527/products/cannondale-caadx-tiagra-2018-cyclocross-bike--fire-redjet-black.aspx

One thing to be wary of, and something I have just found out, is the bottom bracket is the BB30 which can be quite noisy. Something around the pedals/cranks is making noise at the moment and I think it may be the bracket although Iā€™m not sure as itā€™s intermittentā€¦

1 Like

Once triedā€¦ you would be selling the kids organs to buy oneā€¦ I did

1 Like

Eat those stats you mother funning funsters.

35k with 437m of elevation gain.

I will never do that route again. It was fucking horrible.

Even Strava has told me that I might be over doing it and to make sure I get appropriate rest and go out and get pissed*.

* not all of that is true.

3 Likes

This time next year the Sotonians CC summer day out will feature 186km and 1485m of climbingā€¦ you will think that is too easy and will demand a the French tripā€¦

We flying somewhere???

Depends - we need to get Capt. Blepotch to start charging Ā£5 a post and then we have Sotonians CC Jolly boys trip to Girona or the Alps

ā€¦ on or more serious note, I do set up an annual trip to France every May, (although could be Girona) - point being its not a bullshitty ā€˜training campā€™ like the ego trip that is Majorca, but one taht is about riding 100km a day, and enjoying decent ā€˜plat de joursā€™, fine local wine and generally getting pissed after decent food in the evenings. despite riding around 500Km iin the week, its always a disapointment if you HAVENā€™T put on a couple of kilos!!

We try and do it cheap (nice gites with pool but off season) so value for money - travel usually around Ā£250 including local car hire etc and then a 200 or so for booze and food for the weekā€¦ we are all married so need need to do this at a price point we can justify for a jollyā€¦

OK boys and girlsā€¦ time to be very brave and posy a pic of yourself on your bike.out for a rideā€¦ to put my money where mouth isā€¦ this is me a couple if years ago in Tuscanyā€¦ with a rather nice hired Formigliā€¦ was 42C that day so was killed by 72kmā€¦ drank over 6ltrs of water and still lost 1.5kg on that rideā€¦ was stunning scenery and a cold beer at the end has never tasted so goodā€¦

3 Likes

3 are better that twoā€¦

:lou_wink_2:

I donā€™t have any pictures of me on my bike. So youā€™ll have to construct one in your imagination from the component parts.

product-P5x_Profile

V1_UX214_CR0%2C0%2C214%2C317_AL

Me thinks you are telling porkiesā€¦

TBF I think heā€™s wearing a wig.

This is the high-point of my competitive cycling back in 1976. I was taking part in the ā€œOS Tour de Stockbridge Charidee Bike Rideā€ inaugural challenge.
It started out as a head to head challenge between 2 cycling braggarts in our office but expanded to include other deluded souls until in later years expanded to include the whole of the OS.

Iā€™m the only egotist facing the cameraā€¦

4 Likes

Hereā€™s one of you at that first raceā€¦

Penny%20farthing%202

Still facing the camera I see!

3 Likes

Heā€™s always offering to ā€˜walk me homeā€™ too. Nice guy.

1 Like

Today I broke my 40k virginity.

Iā€™ve had an enormous roast dinner and will be getting an early night ahead of a day in London hiking along the Thames drinking beer and coffee and beer and beer as we go.

Testingā€¦

Design 1 front.pdf (691.6 KB)

$75 a pop?

Think of the beer you can buy with that

:lou_wink_2:

Anyone up for doing a Fat blokes Jerseyā€¦ ? I have been messing with few ideas

Design 4.pdf (719.7 KB)

Design 6.pdf (831.4 KB)

That is the price for 1 in USā€¦ for 6-10 will get them for about Ā£45

Been out on the bike today with The RaleighBoy once of this parish (who asked to be remembered to all).

Nice 25km round the Meon Valley with a stop for lunch at an interestingly named pub.

A name that most regular and occasional match day drinkers will be familiar with.

Weā€™ve all been offered @Bucks Head. Just about everytime you visit the loo.

2 Likes