šŸš“ Personal Cycling

Ah, a trick question- I assume itā€™s not xxxxxxx whoā€™d let you cop a feel at the school disco for a bottle of pop and a stick of chewing gum?

Oi, fuck off you.

1 Like

Sexy

Donā€™t blame me, your Mrs posted it on fb.
Havenā€™t been on a bike for years, but still have one of these in the garage if you want to do a bit downhill.
images(41)

1 Like

I used to have one (if thatā€™s a Stab)!!! That and an Orange Patriot 66.

1 Like

Kona dawgmatic from about 15 years ago. Hasnā€™t been out of the garage for at least 5 years.
Doubt my bones/joints could take it anymore, but had some good fun on it.

1 Like

I have a few other kicking aroundā€¦:flushed:

1996 Kona explosiv
2014 Trek Madone with full Dura Ace and fastForward 60mm carbon wheels

2015 Merida Scultura - picked up very cheap and is daily hack/ out in the shit bike

2 Likes

Cor, have you put helium in the tyres to make it float like that?

:lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

A photo does exist of me on a bicycle.
Maybe something for a Friday Night.
Luckily I wasnā€™t wearing Lycra.

Well firstly, thatā€™s got no suspension so itā€™s shit.

This oneā€™s got no pedals and has some other blokeā€™s name on it. So itā€™s shit.

This is what you want to get yourself, MoTty.

Itā€™s the closest to what Iā€™m riding but about 6 years old. Itā€™s a medium frame but as itā€™s my short-arse sonā€™s, but as Iā€™m not a medium man the saddle post is nearly all the way out.

Itā€™s actually a really nice bike to ride. Very smooth and stable.

2 Likes

All that needs is basket

3 Likes

No rides in 6 daysā€¦ I can feel the fat depositing itself from too much crap food and drink whilst away with work and looking out at pissing rainā€¦ tomorrow might be a reasonable dayā€¦

This is my baby - Trek Domane SLR 6 Disc - Ultegra groupset

4 Likes

OK Chaps, just passing the local cycle shop here in North Baddesley and noticed the closing down signs on the windowā€¦ā€œlast few daysā€

http://www.bike-centre.co.uk/

Iā€™d like to tell you I went in and arranged an additional special ā€œSotonians Discountā€ Iā€™m like that.

Iā€™d like to tell you thatā€¦but I canā€™t.

Anyway you might like to give them a call to see if they have something that might interest you. :smiley:

Cracking bike that.

Cheers, @lifeintheslowlane.

Iā€™ve found the bike I want next, and itā€™s cheap too.

2 Likes

This is my current bike (I do a bit of off-road on the daily commute), I have not as much disposable income to spend as you lot it seems. Got it on the work cycle to work scheme so is costing me Ā£600 instead of Ā£1,000.

This is my previous commuting bike but I havenā€™t rode it for a while

In fact @saintbletch if youā€™re looking for another bike itā€™s in good nick, Iā€™m sure we could come to some arrangement :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What am I going to do with a bike for short-arses with buckled wheels and stress fractures on every load-bearing structure?

EDIT: I do like that Cannondale though. Like you I take in quite a bit of off-road surfaces on the routes from my house. An out-and-out road bike doesnā€™t make sense for me. Although if @Map-Of-Tasmania wants to loan me that red and white thing (with no suspension, pedals or basket) for a year, Iā€™d give it a go.

2 Likes

Whoa!!

Time out. Time the fuck out!

Does that say Rapid Rob on your tyres?

Probably, how deliciously ironic, I did swap them out for more ā€œcommuterā€ friendly tyres pretty swiftly though.