šŸš“ Personal Cycling

45km. Easy way 5 miles = 8 km

1 Like
2 Likes

Thatā€™s a load of bollocks.

2.25m away from the curb, when our lanes are between 3.25m & 3.65m.
Just think of the tailbacks itā€™ll cause.
Also, does it work both ways?
Will cyclists be legally obliged to stop nipping through gaps in traffic and often knocking mirrors/scratching paintwork?
They can get fined as well i hope.

About time. But for this not to get all Drivers v cyclist (most cyclists are drivers as well) there should imho also be fines for cycling dick heads who also ignore the Highway Codeā€¦

Itā€™s all about recognising that there are complete twats in all who use the roadsā€¦ and that we all share a collective reponsibulty for reducing injury or death.

ā€¦ but no forgetting that pedestrians and cyclists are more vulnerable to even slight collisions, or just the vacuum effect when cars and lorries pass you too close at high speedā€¦ many drivers donā€™t realise the impact this can have

3 Likes

LAgree with the fines bit for shitty riding but Not that this is bollox itā€™s a safety issue and a big one at that the road near the curb is full of shit glass and potholes hense the need the ride away from the curb - you need at least 1.5m to pass a cyclist safelyā€¦

The ā€˜delayā€™ is usually no more than 10 seconds and if drivers bothered to slow down to a safe speed they could get away with a bit lessā€¦ when a car passes you even at 1.5m at 60mph it creates a fuck load of unstable air that Not pleasent or a safe experience

I think you would have a change of heart if you had ever been overtaken by a truck and had three inches of clearance between the side of the truck and your shoulder. Scary doesnā€™t even come close .

1 Like

I get all that, but no drain extends from the curb anywhere near that(about half) and my issue is not on roads that you can do 60mph(crazy taking a bike on that kind of road, these days) more your average 30mph road. Itā€™s an excessive amount and near impossible to police.
I have no issues with cyclists and most act responsibily(theyā€™ll generally come off worse if they donā€™t), but there are a fair few thatā€™ll believe they now have the right to cause congestion.
If it creates a calmer, safer road for all, no problem, but if it causes congestion then iā€™m afraid all cyclists that want to use the road should be forced to have tax, insurance and visible registration(at massively reduced rates) and be held to account for their dangerous actions, which at present they arenā€™t.
Drive in London for a couple of weeks and you will see exactly what iā€™m talking about.

Seriously though we need to get out the mindset that anyone would want to drive in Londonā€¦ most european cities are looking at ways to remove cars Form city centres, encourage more use of public transport and cycling - healthier, cleaner etcā€¦ I wonā€™t ride in cities because itā€™s just too dangerous.

Itā€™s all about getting away from the illogical reliance on cars ā€¦ in London you can do the same journey quicker on a bike than in a car!

Yes, been there and it shit the life out of me.
Just think itā€™s badly thought out and no more than a revenue generator(until it goes to court).
I would agree on faster roads, as the danger from the turbulence alone is scary, but i believe on your average towm road itā€™s unworkable.
Unfortunately the only true solution is respect and understanding, but we dumped those in 1979.

1 Like

Wonderful ideas that iā€™m in complete agreement with, but some need to drive even in city.
Canā€™t imagine trying to get all my equipment and materials on the tube or a :bike:.
I have been telling people for years that all non essential driving should come with a jail term(same as short haul flying), so would welcome this more than most.
Imagine all the benifits of a slower life with cleaner air and properly funded, public owned transport system.

Iā€™ll accept the tax part considering it is based upon emissions these days :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just donā€™t have a curry the night before you cycleā€¦

1 Like

Fuck.

Just finished watching season 2 of Unforgotten. That rings alarm bells.

We all know youā€™re a stella citizen, but well done for doing that anyway.

1 Like

Bought some Lycra the other day. Doesnā€™t look good.

Anyway, what does everyone ride on here? Bikes and specs please?

At the moment Iā€™m on a 2012 Cube LTD Pro. Itā€™s fine, hardly used so still very slick, but looking to upgrade very soon.

Youā€™re not wrong.
images(40)

2 Likes

2 Likes

2017 Cipollini NK1k
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 Di2/9100 direct mount brakes
Cinelli Ram3 integrated stem/bar
Fizik full carbon Aliante 00 saddle
Easton 55aero carbon wheels / Schwalbe one 28mm tubeless tyres
Look Carbon blade Ti pedals
KMC ā€˜Goldā€™ chain

Wrong place these two posts BLETCH please