🚴 Personal Cycling

I would say that the was once too much…

You can’t look any worse than this…

2 Likes

Shit, sorry mate, I’ve accepted you now…

1 Like

images(37)

1 Like

@WorzelScummage if you’re going to use your MTB on the road (excusively) then I would suggest you get semi-slicks tyres for it. You’ll notice a hell of a lot of difference.

Also MTB gearing isn’t really suitable for roads, they’re generally too “easy”. I used to have a cheap MTB and I changed the 3 ring chainset for a 35-55 2 ring whilst keeping the same cartridge, the difference that made (for me) was amazing.

If you’re going to flip flop between road and off-road then I would get another set of rims with semi-slicks on and change them out as you see fit.

Foul heathen, remove that abomination from my visions forth with.

Wrong angle?
images(36)
I changed the rims for him😄

1 Like

2 Likes

Be careful of the Canyons then. When I had my bike fit they said they had a more racing geometry than other bikes. Plus you cannot test ride then as they are online sales only.

Treks and Giants are quite forgiving if you are an inflexible old sod like me.

My mistake was buying a frame slightly too big and I ending up “reaching” for the handlebars.

Also you are coming into the time of year where the 2019 bikes are being launched so there are some cracking deals on 2018 bikes. Last year I got a £4200 Trek Domane SLR Ultegra for £2,400 from Cycle Surgery (Snow and Rock).

1 Like

I do covert this - Pashley Guv’nor

1 Like

FFS How much?? It hasn’t even got mud-guards or a bell. :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Only £925

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Pashley-Guvnor-3-Speed-2017-Hybrid-Classic-Bike_87122.htm?sku=295453

This has got to be its finest selling point though

Brass ‘ping’ Bell: A classic bell that is a refined addition to any bicycle. The bell has a domed shape body with a simple sprung finger mechanism that sounds out a clear ‘ting’ to let others know you’re approaching. The bell can be attached to either the handlebars or the stem.

Or a basket to carry cakes.

2 Likes

It’s only for the time being - I’ll get a road bike once I can convince the missus that I’ll use it enough…more looking for road bike recs, £800 to £1k mark.

Great tune…

This was one I was looking at:

https://www.merlincycles.com/merlin-cordite-sl-ultegra-r8000-mix-carbon-road-bike-2018-114422.html

It is superb.

• Pedals: Not included

How fucking tight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too late. You’re dead to me.