Pellegrino: Surely it is time for a change?

That’s all well and good but by definition, in order to lose something you need to have had it to begin with…

Maybe not, but he has lost Fiverweb, which is much worse!

1 Like

Good read - not sure I’m any the wiser about what we should do to stay up / climb the league though.

Storm SMS with pitchforks and burning brands and string the management and players up…

3 Likes

Or we could (one for the nerds) build a starship about 250 years ahead of it’s time, build a spore drive to go in it, hook it up to Papster and get him to take us to the mirror universe where we will be table toppers and cup winners every year for the rest of time.

Edited for the super nerds.

2 Likes

Same as the board. Boom tish.

2 Likes

What, and join the knuckle-draggers on Fiver web? Thought we we a class above that…ish?

This is a couple of days old now but I have only just seen it and it made me laugh! Apologies if it is old news.

A FURIOUS young Saints fan has written a pointed letter to manager Mauricio Pellegrino in response to club’s poor start to the season.

Brooke Slatcher, 12, decided to write as a result of her frustration at finally getting a £295 season ticket for her birthday in August for the team to then “constantly lose” since Pellegrino took over at the start of the season.

The final straw came after Brooke sat in block 41 of the Northam stand getting soaked with her aunt Kirsty Bell and grandmother Beverley Bell to watch Saints clash with Crystal Palace only to see her team lose 2-1 after being ahead for most of the game thanks to a goal in the 17 minute from Brooke’s favourite player, Shane Long.

THE FULL TEXT OF THE LETTER:

"Dear Mauricio Pellegrino,

"I am writing to tell you how frustrated I am game after game after game, as we are constantly losing.

"Firstly, I have always wanted a season ticket, and this year I finally got one, which at first I was very excited about, but now not so much as I waste my time watching my team lose.

"I also want to tell you that the same thing happens every single game.

"Arsenal: we went one nil up and then we sit back and defend whilst they pass around our box and guess what, they scored.

"Same happened with Leicester, and don’t even get me started on the Tottenham game - what an embarrassment.

"Crystal Palace we went 1-0 up thanks to my favourite player Shane Long.

"Then we just sat back defending and then they scored.

"After that we carried on letting them play past us, and they scored again.

"I mean what on earth are we doing in a big game like this, which could move us to 12th, but it is easy for you and the players. You still get your wages but us fans are wasting our money.

"We need to start pressuring the other team and not sit back and defend when we are 1-0 up.

"Also we need to play two strikers, and why haven’t we played Charlie Austin from the beginning?

"In your interviews you can’t keep saying the same thing such as 'we need to react when we concede.

"We know that. You need to stop saying and start doing.

"It is your job to encourage them as us fans are tired of seeing them unmotivated and not wanting to win.

"Instead of us wasting our money on random players nobody has heard of we need to spend it on players we know are good.

"After reading this I would like a reply and to see an improvement.

"Thank you, Brooke Slatcher (12 years old).

"PS, if I played with the same attitude as some of these players I would be subbed.

“PPS, I would have written more but I got too angry.”

Article recognising that we’re shit in guardian but not really saying anything ground-breaking.

Stale Southampton have lost their way under Mauricio Pellegrino https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/jan/12/why-stale-southampton-have-lost-their-way-under-mauricio-pellegrino?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

They’re all ignoring you Phil :lou_wink_2:

At least you got the link right.

3 Likes

I don’t think The Guardian were calling us “shit” I think you’ll find that was Donald Trump @fatso

5 Likes

Shall we all have a whip round for Brooke to join Fiverweb?

2 Likes

I think he’s getting sacked this weekend.

Watford are no mugs. We’ll likely get dicked. He’s likely fucked.

All power to him if he gets something out of this, but I think he’s gone.

Might explain why we haven’t pulled the trigger on the transfer market too.

1 Like

I wouldn’t read too much into that Pap now that managers don’t have so much say in transfers.

I’m not saying they do, but clubs _will _buy players that suit the manager’s style of play, and any incoming manager will want an option to sort things out holistically. That’ll include transfers.

He has this weekend, or he’s bust.

No, it was Barry.

2 Likes
1 Like

So we’re in for the long haul this season. I can see the thinking but I think that they’re being stubborn fkrs. Also taking a massive gamble.

The totally unsubstantiated rumour I heard last week was that Gao turned up at SMS midweek with other Asians in suits and called an emergency board meeting.

I called it as shit but then the number of broadsheet articles since and that line in the Telegraph make me think you are right Pap.

It could be his last chance to show he can get the players to at least express themselves rather than play with fear even IF we lose.

Watford are big strong and fast and can easily out muscle us again.

To win the fans back they can say couldn’ sign Theo as needed funds to pay him off and bring new guys targets in.

3 Likes