Pellegrino: Surely it is time for a change?

Yep, I reckon if we don’t get a result today he’ll be gone by Monday.

Think he’s on borrowed time anyway.

1 Like

Other than if you say it on a fans website you get slated but someone in a national newspaper it gets recognised, ho hum, progress at least as we no were we’re at, Waddle and the 5Live crew were having us down the banks as well for having some talented players yet playing such negative and woeful football.

Not happy that Silva changed things and we couldn’ cope

Not happy that we tore them apart 1st half & didn’t kill them off.

Shows we can play football yet we dont have the confidence or grit to hold on.

We are in trouble.

Don’ blame MoPe. Claude would have killed that game off. Its’ our fault

1 Like

I don’t get what you mean. I’m assuming you meant to type "don’t blame mope "…but then say Claude would have killed the game off. So it is mopes fault then? Who is the “our” in “it’s our fault”?

It’s you Fatso. It’s you, Phil, me, Les Reed. It’s the vibe of it.

3 Likes

We wouldn’ have fallen apart like that under Claude

I think if Reed had listened to me we wouldn’t be in this position. So I take full responsibility for not making myself clear enough. Truly disgusted in myself and the ref.

So it is mopes fault then? That’s what I don’t understand about your post.

1. it is our fault for wanting Purl out

2. 1st half today we were superb. Then PEH picked up a stupid yellow card after that he was less effective.

3. The hand of God came back to haunt us

4. MoPe reacted to Troy Deeney too late.

0-2 up we should have closed up. We sat too deep. PEH did not dare tackle anyone and we tactically left Stephens - our worst aerial defender vs Deeney.

We wanted Claude out he would have won that game

I think I’ve got it, phil. You’re saying its MoPe’s fault.

Just my opinion , Pellegrino is an exceptionally good coach, he’s one of Bielsa’s apprentices of sorts, like Pochettino. His record is decent, he was an asst to Benitez he knows English football. It was a decent appointment. Just my opinion but the reason we’re struggling is that we keep fucking selling our best players! I’m not blaming anyone but you can’t keep lucking out on buying cheaper alternatives from Celtic etc. No other premier team does it. Pellegrino will get the blame, much as Puel did last season.

3 Likes

Respect for his mature and calm response - can’t stand blunderbust full of angry shit managers.

Why’s everyone pussy footing about? You say you’re not "blaming anyone " but you clearly are. You’re blaming the selling of players approach which comes down to the chairman and owners.

Spot on Ted.

The only point I’d add is that once the crowd turns it becomes self fulfilling and any manager would struggle.

There’s only one person to blame and that’s bletch. He’s even admitted it.

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity SaintBristol but what makes you say he’s an exceptionally good coach?

As for being a student of Bielsa I’ve not seen much that indicates he is. Bielsa was the mad genius of high press, high energy, attacking football. Not something pellegrino could be accused of copying in my humble opinion. I definitely liken him to benitez in regards to cautious and safety first.

As for his record being decent. One decent season in Spain where they parked the proverbial bus is all that stands out. I thought it was an odd appointment but was sold a different version by Les Reed & co.

Now I hope you don’ think I’m getting at you mate, really not my intention at all. I’ll happily admit I’m wrong etc but just don’t see it the same.

1 Like

True, there was something cringeworthy with the “we don’t buy success, we breed it bollocks” And the press fawning over the academy. There was a lot of feelgood fan friendly shit that we had somehow found a unique formula for developing young players. Meanwhile Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool etc quietly got on with actually doing that.

1 Like

Aye Bletchley and BTsplitz - BT for failing in being funny with the match thread title - remember who did the match thread last time we won a league game? (Just saying like)

Exceptionally good coach is probably overdoing it I agree. It was a logical appointment and one that no one complained about at the time. The squad isn’t good enough and fan expectations are now higher. I

1 Like

The squad is better than it’s current position, imo. I’ve no idea why we’re so shit. Ordinarily I’d blame the manager but the players were underperforming with puel as well. I’m beginning to suspect voodoo.