OptiNews - Friday 13 to Thursday 19 October 2017

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Visit the Stadium Store on Sunday

Show/hide article…

The special offer, which is available at both our Stadium and Westquay Stores, as well as online, runs out on Sunday.

To shop the entire range, head to store.saintsfc.co.uk, or visit one of our sites over the weekend.

Please note, the Stadium Store will open at the later time of midday on Sunday, rather than 10am, due to the home match against Newcastle United.

As well as the training wear offer, our stores will shortly be concluding their spring/summer sale, in which you can get up to 50 per cent off a range of great products. To view what’s available, click here.

Go to the original article…

...naughtily put together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Southampton v Newcastle United: Team news, odds and stats

Show/hide article…

Ahead of this weekend’s Premier League action, Sportsmail will be providing you with all you need to know about every fixture, with team news, provisional squads, betting odds and Opta stats. Here is all the information you need for Southampton’s home clash with Newcastle.

Forward Shane Long will be available for Southampton in their Premier League clash against Newcastle at St Mary’s Stadium.

Long was absent from the Republic of Ireland’s World Cup qualifier against Wales with a hip injury, but is available for Mauricio Pellegrino when his side entertain the Magpies.

Pellegrino also revealed there were no fresh injury concerns following the international break for the visit of Rafael Benitez’s side on Sunday.

Newcastle midfielder Jonjo Shelvey will be available for Sunday’s Premier League trip to Southampton despite breaking a finger as he intervened in a training ground bust-up.

Shelvey was hurt as he stepped in between skipper Jamaal Lascelles and Mohamed Diame as tempers flared during the international break, but will play, if selected, wearing a special cast.

Manager Rafael Benitez otherwise had no fresh injuries with only defender Paul Dummett (hamstring) and Massadio Haidara (knee) still missing.

Southampton have won more Premier League games in total (15) and at home (12) against Newcastle than they have against any other side in the competition.

Newcastle have failed to keep an away clean sheet against Southampton in the top-flight in each of their last 26 games, since a 0-0 draw in February 1969.

Newcastle have won just once in 16 Premier League away games versus Saints (W1 D3 L12).

The Magpies have won just five points from their last 42 available on the road in the Premier League (W1 D2 L11), with that win coming at Swansea last month.

Newcastle have conceded just 10 goals in their last 13 Premier League games and never more than twice in a match. The last time they shipped three goals in a Premier League game was their last visit to St Mary’s – a 1-3 loss in April 2016.

Saints have failed to score in eight of their last nine home Premier League matches, with the exception being a 3-2 win against West Ham in August.

Rafael Benitez has failed to collect a single point in his three previous Premier League visits to St. Mary’s - all with different teams. He lost there with Liverpool in January 2005, Chelsea in March 2013 and Newcastle in April 2016.

Newcastle have averaged the youngest starting line-up in the Premier League this season (25 years, 211 days). Indeed, five of the 10 youngest starting XI’s this term have been named by Rafael Benitez.

Since the start of last season, Charlie Austin is Southampton’s top scorer at home in the Premier League despite playing just 12 times (five goals).

Shane Long scored in both games the last times these sides met in 2015-16. He’s scored two goals and assisted a further two in his last three Premier League games against the Magpies.

...hopingly thought-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Opposition View: Newcastle United

Show/hide article…

Newcastle United boss Rafa Benítez had no doubts his former player Mauricio Pellegrino would flourish in management.

Benítez managed Pellegrino at Valencia, where the pair won the La Liga title and UEFA Cup, and later at Liverpool.

Pellegrino returned to Anfield as a coach following his retirement, before Benítez took him to Inter Milan as his assistant.

“When I was at Valencia we had a group of Argentina players, and after lunch they would talk about football for hours,” said Benitez.

“He was one of them. Normally, if you are like that, you will finish as a coach or a pundit. You could see from the beginning that he would be a coach.

"He’s someone who has always been focused and worked hard. He likes football and likes to study and learn.”

The Spaniard believes their close ties could give Saints an advantage when the pair meet at St Mary’s on Sunday.

"He knows everything about me,” Benítez continued. “He has an advantage, but at the same time we know him really well too.

"It’s a special situation. If you wanted to say something or change something, he would know already.

"Players don’t analyse the game, but when you are a coach you know tactics and how people prepare for a game.

“We were talking a couple of weeks ago, but not this week."

...obeisantly carved by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Southampton boss Pellegrino ‘grateful’ for influence of Benitez

Show/hide article…

Mauricio Pellegrino has admitted he will always be grateful to Rafa Benitez, but has vowed to get one over his former manager on Sunday.

Pellegrino played under Benitez at Valencia and then Liverpool before working as a first-team coach alongside the Spaniard at Anfield and also Inter Milan.

But the 46-year-old Argentine, who replaced Claude Puel at Southampton over the summer, will be thrust against his ex-boss for the first time in his managerial career when Newcastle travel to St Mary’s Stadium on Sunday.

‘First of all, Rafa was a really important team-mate because we were working together at Valencia as a player and then at Liverpool,’ Pellegrino said.

'He gave me the opportunity to work in professional football as his assistant and to be in contact with the Premier League and with this wonderful team.

'My experience was really nice. I will always be grateful with Rafa, not just on the professional side, but he is a good example to me as a person, too.

‘I am now in a situation where I play against him, because I am part of the Premier League, but I have to be ready to prepare my team and I will try to beat them.’

Southampton host Newcastle following a troubled start to the new campaign in which Pellegrino’s defensive style has courted criticism from some sections of the St Mary’s support.

The Saints have failed to score in four of their opening seven league fixtures, but Pellegrino, who managed Valencia for six months and more recently Alaves, insists he will not change his philosophy.

‘I will train and do the things that I believe in,’ Pellegrino added. 'As a manager you can control the training session and your style, and sometimes you cannot control the result and this is part of the job.

‘I have had to be honest with my players, and we have had to improve on a lot of things but we have to keep going and keep doing the positive things that we have done in the past few games.’

Southampton suffered back-to-back defeats - at home to Manchester United and then away at Stoke - before the international break, and Pellegrino has described Sunday’s fixture against Newcastle as a must-win for his side.

‘It will be important for us to win because we need the three points,’ said Pellegrino, who will have forward Shane Long available for selection after he missed Ireland’s World Cup qualifier against Wales with a hip injury.

‘We need to get a result because we deserved more from the last two matches especially. We played better than Stoke and we did not deserve to lose against Manchester United at home, so the game on Sunday will be important for us.’

...conspiratorially fabricated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

#FridayFeeling for #SaintsFC, bring on Sunday and #NUFC! :innocent:

:camera_flash::arrow_right:http://sfcne.ws/Gallery13Oct

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 0

...immutably cast by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

SAINTS: Newcastle United edition now available

Show/hide article…

Oriol Romeu is the latest cover star of our matchday programme for the visit of Newcastle United.

The Spaniard discusses his football upbringing in his homeland compared to in England, and why the fortunes of the two national teams have been so contrasting over the last decade.

The special edition programme features a dedicated section in memory of Southampton’s late chief scout Bill Green.

There are glowing tributes from Les Reed, Ross Wilson, Steven Davis and Maya Yoshida on a true unsung hero of recent years at St Mary’s.

Elsewhere, Mauricio Pellegrino and Davis pen their usual matchday thoughts, whilst Wesley Hoedt opens up about his childhood and first memories of football in our Getting to Know feature.

There is the usual comprehensive coverage of our opponents, while Francis Benali pens his latest exclusive column for SAINTS and discusses why former teammate Matt Le Tissier was not given more chances in an England shirt.

Our history section continues to provide the perfect hit of Saints nostalgia, including a tribute to the recently retired Rickie Lambert.

There are more outlets than ever from which to purchase this season’s matchday programme, which will continue to retail at £4.

You can also pre-order, find all previous editions and take out a subscription for the season by visiting saintsmagazines.co.uk.

...sedulously sired by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

This weekend is the last chance to take advantage of the 20 per cent off training wear offer in #SaintsFC’s stores: http://sfcne.ws/Store131017

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 4

...southwestwardly pieced together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 13/10/2017 20:06:18

|

| Benítez’s pre-Southampton media briefing in fullNUFC |
| | Newcastle expected XI v Southampton: Defender axedTHISISFUTBOLCOM |
| | Steven Bergwijn would surely be better served choosing Southampton over TottenhamHEREISTHECITY |

...retributively fitted together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Saints ready to return to action

Show/hide article…

All the best photos from Staplewood Campus as Mauricio Pellegrino puts his men through their paces with a return to Premier League action against Newcastle now just two days away.

...mumblingly pieced together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 13/10/2017 21:06:34

| | ‘Time flies!’ - Southampton legend relives super strikeFOOTBALLFANCAST |
| | Select your Newcastle XI for Southampton tripCHRONICLELIVENEWS |
| | Potentially encouraging news emerges for Southampton fans | | Where football transfer rumours fly or die!THETRANSFERTAVERN |
|

| Newcastle United players in training ahead of trip to SouthamptonCHRONICLELIVENEWS |
| | Pellegrino: 'I am grateful to Benitez’SPORTSMOLE |

...sanctimoniously sired by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:two: days until #NUFC!

#SaintsFC earned a memorable win over the Magpies when they hosted them in March 2014:

Favourites: 10

...pulsatively caused to be by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

“You could see from the beginning he would be a coach.”

Rafa Benítez fondly remembers managing the #SaintsFC boss: http://bit.ly/OVNUh1718

Favourites: 3

...wanderingly formed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Pellegrino keeps quiet on legal action claims | Mauricio Pellegrino withheld information regarding reports that he is owed a bonus sum from former club Deportivo … 13-10-2017 |

Older content…

| Long passed fit to face Newcastlea day ago |
| Southampton vs Newcastle United: Match Previewa day ago |
| Southampton Predicted XI: Newcastle (H)a day ago |
| Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur want to sign Steven Bergwijn from PSVa day ago |
| Southampton express interest in United youngstera day ago |
| Saints midfielder discusses new system under Pellegrino2 days ago |
| Barcelona transfer list Alcacer2 days ago |
| Southampton consider move for Hand2 days ago |
| Southampton star hopes to end 1000 minute goal drought3 days ago |

...dividedly produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 13/10/2017 22:06:46

| | Southampton vs Newcastle United: Match PreviewREADSOUTHAMPTON |
| | ‘Battle of the tactics’ - How Newcastle will end their St Mary’s hoodoo with a win on SundayFOOTBALLFANCAST |
| | Who’s the dangerman? Southampton (A)READNEWCASTLE |
| | Tottenham In Transfer Battle With Southampton For Talented 20-year-old Dutchman – To The Lane And Back | Spurs Fan …TOTHELANEANDBACK |

...undeniably developed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 13/10/2017 23:07:01

| | Mauricio Pellegrino heaps the praise on Rafa BenitezREADNEWCASTLE |
| | Long passed fit to face NewcastleREADSOUTHAMPTON |
|

| Southampton vs Newcastle United – Team News, Stats, Line-up And Prediction – SoccerSoulsSOCCERSOULS |

...naggingly sculpted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

The one and only. :crown:

Happy birthday, @mattletiss7 :tada: :innocent: #saintsfc

Retweets: 11

Favourites: 25

...unharmoniously dreamed-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Wife of Charlie Austin reveals heartbreak of losing their baby girl

Show/hide article…

Premier League star Charlie Austin’s wife has revealed the couple’s heartbreak at losing their baby daughter.

Bianca Austin, 27, opened up about the ‘extremely traumatic’ death of Tayton-Grace, who was born stillborn at 34 weeks in August 2010.

Ms Austin and her footballer husband made the heart-rending decision to terminate the pregnancy after doctors told them their daughter would have ‘zero quality of life’.

Writing on Facebook to mark baby loss awareness week, Ms Austin, who married the Southampton striker in June 2015 and has two children with the star, said problems first surfaced 28 weeks into the pregnancy.

She said: 'I arrived at the hospital with a friend excited to see my baby bouncing about on the screen again.

'The sonographer put the scanner on my tummy and there she was, kicking and moving around.

'But the lady scanning me was quiet, she told me she wanted her senior to have a look at my baby and left the room.

‘Minutes later the consultant came back, scanned me, then sat on the chair next to me and said “it’s not good news”.’

Doctors said the baby’s brain had failed to develop properly on one side and the child would be brain damaged, though Ms Austin did not know to what extent.

She said: ‘I collapsed walking out the hospital, and remember thinking “this cant be real, things like this happen to other people, not me”.’

After spending the next month travelling to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford Ms Austin was told her unborn baby had the most severe form of schizencephaly and she would be severely brain damaged.

Doctors said Tayton would need round-the-clock care and would never walk or talk and would need the help of tubes to eat and drink.

They also said the child would have a limited life expectancy.

It was then that Ms Austin was offered the harrowing option of terminating her pregnancy.

She said: 'I cannot even begin to explain how difficult making that decision was.

'I guess it’s like having the choice whether to turn off someone you loves life support machine.

'Because though you’ve never met that baby in your tummy you have a enormous amount of love for them.

'You’ve already imagined taking them home, watching them take their first steps, their first day at school.

'Your future and theirs is already planned in your mind. But I knew all I imagined would never ever happen.

'My little girl was far too poorly and her little life would only be spent in pain.

‘So me and Charlie made the most difficult choice - to let our little girl go.’

Doctors signed papers confirming the child would have no quality of life and the pregnancy was terminated at the end of July.

Ms Austin said: 'I can’t even begin to explain my feelings that day, you can’t put that pain into words,there’s no point even trying to.

'I had to spend the next three days with Tayton in my belly as the hospital in Swindon was too full to induce me.

‘Days felt like years with a baby in my tummy that was no longer kicking me. A baby I knew was no longer alive.’

Ms Austin added: ‘I was on the labour ward still so I could hear all the other babies screaming. The screams broke my heart.’

She described her child as ‘completely perfect’ and ‘beautiful’ but knew she had made the correct decision when she spotted a large dent at the back of her head.

The heartbroken couple spent the rest of the day with the child, dressing and holding her, but later had to walk out of the hospital without their baby.

She described her little girl as ‘beautiful’ and ‘completely perfect’ but said when she saw a ‘large dent at the back of her head I’d made the right choice for her’.

Ms Austin said: 'The day that’s usually the best day of a mother’s life was the worst day of mine.

‘I felt like my whole world was crashing down around me. Even at this point it didn’t feel real, it felt like it had all been just a bad dream.’

The couple had to go through the devastating experience of registering their daughter’s birth and death at the same time and revealed friends who did not know what had happened asked her, ‘where’s the baby?’

Ms Austin had to return all the things she had bought at Mothercare - but was told she could not get a refund on the pram and cot because the receipt was out of date.

A tearful Ms Austin tearfully explained the situation but it was not until her mother phoned head office she was able to take the equipment back.

And she claims the company ‘insensitively’ offered her a voucher as a goodwill gesture.

Ms Austin wrote: 'What on earth was i going to do with a bloody mother care voucher?

'I felt angry at everything, at every woman I saw with a baby that got their happily ever after when I didn’t.

'Angry at myself for not creating a perfectly healthy baby, angry at charlie back playing football, angry at my family and friends who were moving on with their life while I was stood still in pain.

‘I wanted the world to be stood still hurting and grieving with me.’

Things eventually got easier for the couple but the weeks after the termination were tough.

'I remember vividly still wanting to strangle the people who would say to me “you’ll be ok”, because then, I still wasn’t ok, but baby loss is such a taboo people don’t know what to say,'Ms Austin said.

'They don’t realise at the time talking about your baby might be exactly what you want and exactly what you need.

'Life does go on and in time I learnt to live with the pain.

‘Losing my baby never broke me but it certainly changed me and I’m sure for the rest of my life I’ll be a different person.’

Ms Austin has spoken out in the hope of increasing knowledge about baby loss.

She said: 'Change in the hospitals that place you on a labour ward full of screaming babies, to help the cashiers in baby stores know how to deal with someone who’s lost a baby.

‘It’s to stop the people crossing the road to avoid talking to that friend who has just lost their baby, it’s family, friends and people at work knowing what support to have in place to help someone cope with their loss.’

She added: 'Baby loss is something I once thought I’d never have to consider, I never thought I’d be a statistic.

‘But I am 1 in 4, I am a mother who lost her baby, and if creating awareness can help a person even feel slightly less pain than I did back then, then breaking my silence is more than worth it.’

...independently instantiated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Mirror.co.uk article

Charlie Austin’s wife Bianca reveals heartbreaking story of losing a daughter

Show/hide article…

Striker Charlie Austin’s wife Bianca has revealed the heartbreaking experience that led the couple to lose their little girl.

Now a mother of two, Bianca has bravely shared their story in conjunction with Baby Loss Awareness Week.

In a Facebook post, Bianca tells of the turmoil the couple - married in 2015 - suffered in 2010 when they made the hardest decision of their lives to terminate her pregnancy at 34 weeks. Three days later, in 2010, their daughter was stillborn.

She writes: “My friends and a lot of people who know me already know this but very few people know the ins and outs of the extremely traumatic time that built up to the day my baby was born sleeping.”

She explains that the growth of her baby, referred to as Tayton Grace, had fallen behind and she was sent for a scan before the devastating news was delivered.

“The sonographer put the scanner on my tummy and there she was, kicking and moving around,” she continued.

"But the lady scanning me was quiet, she told me she wanted her senior to have a look at my baby and left the room.

“Minutes later the consultant came back, scanned me, then sat on the chair next to me and said ‘it’s not good news’.”

Bianca says one side of Tayton’s brain had not developed and she knew she would have brain damage.

She writes: “I collapsed walking out the hospital, and remember thinking, ‘This cant be real, things like this happen to other people, not me’”.

After more scans and tests over the next month, the news didn’t improve.

“They decided Tayton had the most severe form of schizencephaly and that she would be severely brain damaged,” said Bianca.

“The consultant told us our daughter would never walk, never talk, she wouldn’t even be able to eat or drink without tubes, she would need 24 hour care to manage this.”

Doctors couldn’t say how long Tayton would live, but that she would have no quality of life.

“Because Taytons medical condition was so very severe and because the doctors determined she would have zero quality of life, i was given the option at 34 weeks to end my pregnancy,” Bianca said.

"I cannot even begin to explain how difficult making that decision was. I guess its like having the choice wether to turn off someone you loves life support machine.

"Because though youve never met that baby in your tummy you have an enormous amount of love for them.

"You’ve already imagined taking them home, watching them take their first steps, their first day at school.

"Your future and theirs is already planned in your mind. But i knew all i imagined would never ever happen. My little girl was far to poorly and her little life would only be spent in pain.

“So me and Charlie made the most difficult choice - to let our little girl go.”

You can read Bianca’s full post below.

...soberly shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

We put the Academy Focus spotlight on #SaintsFCU18s midfielder Bailey Owen this week!

Learn more about the promisi… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/919116737282564098

Retweets: 4

Favourites: 8

...influentially given life to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| Last Few Tickets Left For Newcastle Game | Saints look likely to make it five home sell outs in a row for the visit of Newcastle United with the last few … 14-10-2017 |
| Saints V Newcastle United The Preview | Saints go into this game knowing a win will see them solidly into the upper mid table but defeat could set alarm … 14-10-2017 |

Older content…

| Shane Long Passes Muster For Sundaya day ago |
| Saints Planning Barcelona Swoop In January !a day ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Saints V Newcastle United Previewa day ago |
| Football Italian Style ! Palermo V Parma2 days ago |
| Saints V Newcastle United Dan’s Preview2 days ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Saints V Newcastle Opposition View With Newcastle Fans TV2 days ago |
| Premier League Hint At Christmas Eve TV Fixture3 days ago |
| Shane Long A Doubt For Visit Of Newcastle3 days ago |
| Liverpool Release Glossary Of What Virgil Van Dijk Really Means !8 days ago |
| Saints Help Scupper Big Six Greed Plan9 days ago |

...salaciously developed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!