šŸœ On-Going Forum Bug (Bertie)

OK, the bug manifests itself when you are browsing a topic and you get a notification. If this happens then the footer disappearsā€¦

This hasnā€™t happened to me for agesā€¦

This is the footer :-

This self belief among Sotonians may be the problemā€¦

At last someone who knows how to answer the question.

Bertie is dead and it was me that stamped on his face!

1 Like

2 Likes

Just reported this to Discourse. Others are seeing this error and I was able to reproduce it there although not here.

:kissing_closed_eyes:

grass

5 Likes

Recognised as an issue and scheduled to be looked at on Monday.

Iā€™ll keep you posted, @Intiniki.

1 Like

OK, who did I offend enough to get logged off of here?
Or was it Bertie?

Not my doing.

Had you used multiple devices?

Did you clear cookies?

Were you logged in on an incognito session?

Chrome has been acting strange since I signed up for GolfTV. Bloody ads popping up all the time from the right hand side of the screen, no viruses detected so maybe my end.

Will do a cache clear and see.

BTW while being a tech, anyone know where the Cast Function is hidden on an Android Home Screen? Used to be behind the HOME button, but canā€™t find it and Search shows nothings (Samsung A7 2019).
Iā€™m SURE it was there before their last android upgrade

Cast on Android, I believe, is manufacturer specific.

But try looking in your system tray (the thing you pull down from the top of the screen). You may need to customise the tray to include the Cast option if it isnā€™t included by default.

Having said all that, Samsung may have chosen not to implement it because they have their own Cast system (canā€™t remember what itā€™s called).

Samsung has an app called Smart Things. Nothing in the pull down bar or the 2nd page of it.
It goes through add to a room screens and searches for devices and finds nothing to add.
Yet on the ā€œhome screenā€ it has autodetect function and sees the TV but wonā€™t add it (well weird)
I can cast stuff from inside Mobdro easily and effectively butā€¦
I actually managed to cast from my Windows Laptop to the TV for the golf which I thought was well cool. Rebooted and boom the Cast button in Action Centre had gone.
Hell I even managed to VPN my way to the US for the Golf Featured groups!
Think someone hates me for having tried to be tekkie

OK, some things to consider.

When you castā€™d from your laptop you probably did so via Windows wireless display. Depending on the age of your laptop it might use Miracast or Intelā€™s wireless display stuff.

If it uses the Intel stuff then range (distance to the TV) might be the issue. When the laptop castā€™d properly was it close to the TV? Try moving the laptop closer.

If itā€™s Miracast then make sure that the TV and the laptop are on the same physical or wireless network.

Secondly, on most smart TVs you need to grant permission to connecting devices. Sometimes you have to instigate this via the TV - you go into a setting on the TV and add the laptop as a trusted device. Sometimes when the device (laptop) tries to connect, the TV will say itā€™s an unknown device connecting and you then have to say itā€™s trusted.

Re the ā€˜castā€™ button disappearing on the laptopā€¦if youā€™ve got a Chrome browser then youā€™ll be able to cast the browser contents using the Cast option on the 3 dots menu in the top right of Chromeā€™s URL bar.

That will try to connect to any Chromecast capable devices on the same network - most modern Smart TVs will allow Chrome to connect in this way.

Alternatively, you can ā€˜castā€™ (Windows wireless display, not Chromecast) from Windows itself using the Project (verb) function.

To do this, click P whilst holding the Windows Key, then choose the "connect to a wireless displayā€™ option.

It will then attempt to find a display either close enough or on the same network.

What TV do you have? Samsung too?

Have you tried Logging Off and then On again?

1 Like

TV is Sony. Laptop was next to it when it worked. But now Iā€™ve found the cast button will try that.
Mrs P_F has her BFF round and they are doing gallons of that special offer plonk so this has been REALLY helpful as I can take over the big box for a UCL stream tonight!

Now back to the Phone & Smart Things. I may have progressed, will let you know

Cheers guys!

Boom.
Android now casting.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Android call it Sart View but needed to activate making the phone discover able unlike Mobdro who just did it automatically. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Now. Where can I download the previous 2 seasons of GoT from? :roll_eyes:

Just leaving this here. First thing I ever read in Viz.

So. Is this the fault of Bertie? Or just me being all Eric and non-geeky?

I can click on a tweet on my mobile & copy the link. Not an issue and up it pops in itā€™s box.

But on my laptop?

This

So how the fark to I copy the Tweet without needing to get a Mod out of bed to clean up the mess?

#Intel, Win 10 whatever. Chrome Browser.

Itā€™s more Berk-ie than Bert-ie.

I donā€™t have that screen on Twitter on my laptop.

Instead I get an option to Copy link to tweet. See thisā€¦

Are you using an app from the Windows app store or are you on your browser visiting www.twitter.com?

PS There is no charge for a Sotoniansā€™ mod offering online support for fucking Titter!

Oh yeah, thatā€™s why I stopped using the Windows twitter app, they removed the ā€œcopy link to tweetā€ option from it for some reason and they never implemented the extended character limit.