🐜 On-Going Forum Bug (Bertie)

:crying_cat_face:

What’s the problem, @Intiniki?

Having a bit of a ‘Mildred moment’ there Sir Bletchley Park? You must relax. To worry about this ‘bug’ is futile - if I know what the fuck it was supposed to be, I might worry to, but I find blissful ignorance the perfect foil for the technovexation from which you appear to be suffering
 We worry about you dear chap, that is the purity of Sontonians spirit
 we care

1 Like

You will be pleased to know Bertie is alive and well

5 Likes

Really?

I need corroboration as I no longer trust the sanity of individual Sotonians memebers.

This implies you did previously.

why would you?

5 Likes

I’ll corroborate it. Haven’t seen Bertie on here for while, but he was at the concert last night and told me he was having a well earned break, but would be back :joy:

Well this is a ‘wretched hive of scum and villainy’ after all

Anyway, what is the bug supposed to do?

when I am on my phone (S9) and go to the smiley face to pick a emoticon it won’t let me. I can scroll down the side i.e. faces, animals but cannot pick an emoticon. It may be an issue with sensitivity on screen but I don’t seem to have an issue with anything else.

However it’s fine on my PC. :grinning:

My thumbs are too fat to use a “smart phone” and I have no IT skills or knowledge whatsoever so I wouldn’t know a bug if it bit me on the balls - oh, actually I do know what that’s like.

So, anyway I’m considering seppuku if you don’t figure out what this bug is soon, it’s driving me mad trying to spot a problem (cf first paragraph above). Circular post.

You have to click at least twice.
HTH
#newbug

Nope doesn’t work at all on the emoticons.

The bug turns every one of Barry’s posts into a noxious pastiche of the works of the lovechild of Russ Abbot and Enoch Powell.

You might have noticed it?

3 Likes

Trying to reproduce it but failing.

It works on my phone and also on a phone emulator.

:upside_down_face:

When you click the smiley on the tool bar do you get this?

Or similar?

If you do, can you find the emoji you want by scrolling and then it doesn’t respond when you click it, or is it that it doesn’t respond at all to your touch?

Lastly, are you still using that theme that I made with high contrast colours? If so I might need to test with that.

I am able to scroll down the side bit of the emoticons and pick and I can also change the colour at the bottom. But unable to tap on the emoticons. I am using Shades of Blue theme.

Odd, Niki, some questions

So when you click the emoji it doesn’t respond, just sits there?

Are you using the Samsung browser, Chrome or something else?

Does this happen anywhere in the site where you get the chance to click the emoji toolbar - i.e. new topics, posts, PMs, etc.

Ta!

I was sort of hoping you would have approved of my invented ‘technovexation’ but such richly intellectual creativity is lost in this place

I usually use chrome on my phone.
Yep when I click on emoticon Nada happens.

Miserable bar steward had the sheer audacity to question my sanity. I am as sane now as I have ever been

3 Likes

He is in need of our love
 his dedication levels are admirable
 he just needs to apply it to something meaningfulđŸ€Ș

1 Like