:labour: New Old Labour in trouble

I wonder if she will be standing for Farage’s party. Must be a possibility, her and mad as a box of frogs Widdicombe would make a fine pair.

Stephen Twigg, my MP, is not seeking reselection.

Following the orchestrated resignations of the four Labour peers today the BBC are playing their part,going for broke and really ramping up the anti-semitism hysteria. Lord Triesman is being given a platform on Newsight later, tomorrow night an hour long Panorama special, ‘Is Labour Anti Semitic’. This will only end when Corbyn either renounces support for Palestinians, or is forced out and replaced with a leader who will. Because that is what this has always been about, nothing to do with anti-semitism, never was.

5 Likes

Labour is and always has been pro Palestine.
I never understood why until I went to the sandpit

And there we have it, London/southern Labour and the heartlands who are forgotten, Labour has now lost millions of voters who will not vote or vote for the right wing Brexit Party if we don’t leave.
This could be seen as a brave gamble by in which the tories will be held to account for leaving in October so Labour can take the opportunistic view of going in the opposite direction to them to get some clear ground between parties.
Where does that leave democracy and northern labour?

In the bin.

Fuck southern Labour, you’ve made me politically homeless.

1 Like

Excuse me we never made you vote or move north that is your own decision,

2 Likes

Southern Labour have dictated what the majority of their constituencies didn’t want, they aren’t respecting the wishes of those constituents, they’ll lose the heartlands forever and it’ll become a pc obsessed metropolitan middle class party solely in London.

If I lived in the South I’d feel the same and a deep sense of shame we’re fucking over a large part of our Country.

In the attempt to gain power morals and principles have been cast aside in a manner I’d only expect from a tory.
Shameful.

You reckon Blair was pro Palestine? Really? He was and is an ardent Zionist. As is Gordon Brown, Mandelson and the rest of the clique who controlled the party for years.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know what the fuck they think they’re doing. If they’re unable to work out what is more than half of 650, then they probably shouldn’t be in government.

There was a woman on 5Live this morning who was a lifelong Labour voter from the North who voted remain, she’s lost to the Party and its so so sad, we’ve now lost any chance of getting elected, we’ve now given the the green light to a right wing party to become established in the most disadvantaged areas of the Country.

Forgotten by the party they’ve supported all their lives for the sake of liberal southern cunts who were betrayed by the liberal party over Quintin’s university fees.

Fuck Labour.

I wouldn’t put it in quite the same terms, but I broadly agree Barry.

I suppose the only bright side is that I now have a bit of empathy with those claiming to be politically homeless before, but only a bit.

They were all living in shit anyways, forcing us to do the same.

The other point I’d make is that it’s not all about Westminster electability.

Well I have a lot, who the fuck can Brexit voting Labour voters hope to elect?
The voting system is broken and now we have the shadow Government advocating not to honour a vote when it said it would beforehand, people will be quick to call the resignation of Sir Kim Darroch as bowing to Trump and I agree but Labour has bowed to London a so there are direct comparisons.

Whoever leaked the Kim Darroch email should be shot

You need ambassadors to give candid views on the local government and they should have the right to expect those views to be confidential, otherwise they might not be so candid in the future

Now he has resigned because he knows that he will never be able to perform his role adequately with that ginger twat in the White House

3 Likes

Indeed and Labour dropped the Northern Brexit voter in an attempt to attain power and hope said Northern voter will vote for them even though they have betrayed their promise and a vote, they’re so so wrong.

BBC News - Top Labour figures ‘interfered’ in anti-Semitism disputes

Of course they did

For people like Milne it is all about control - if they lose control they panic and then park their tanks to try and get it back. They will generally make a shit call in these circumstances. I have worked with people like this. The best thing you can do is to get them to stop and reflect - but if everyone is too afraid, then they will eventually fuck themselves.

Alistair Campbell is a bloody good example

1 Like

Did they?

According to that article, Milne’s big crime was to state that people were deliberately muddying up political disputes with racism.

Not only is that pretty neutral. It is eminently provable. How many of the high profile cases that you’ve seen involved racism?

I’ve not seen any. Literally all of them were comments about Israel or political zionism.

The policy of a country is fair game for criticism.

The aims, means and ends of a political movement are fair game for criticism.

If that is seriously the best the Beeb have got, so fucking what?

2 Likes

And here in lies the eternal political problem - idealism (sourced and defined in another era) vs pragmatism and acknowledgement that the world has indeed changed… solutions from 1900 are not practical in 2020… coupled with the establishment ‘horror’ when compromise is suggested and those opposed to anything that goes against the original doctrine splutter into their tea…

The question should never just be ‘what is best for the British people, But what is best for the British people within the global economic and cultural environment of today?

Too many stuck in traditional party political values… and so we go round in our little circular arguments

… we only have to look at the adversarial fuckwit jousting and braying in the HOC to see our system is fucked and ridiculous… short term it’s politicians only interested in the next election rather than serving within a government that can leave a legacy on which to build irrespective of who follows… long term vision, planning and investment in people, service and infrastructure…

Define pragmatism. It certainly isn’t anything we’ve seen in the last 40 years, unless you’re counting short-term bungs to the public designed to win elections. It certainly isn’t anything Blair did on the financial front. None of those spending plans seem particularly pragmatic when we’re also spending money on being at war with countries that haven’t invaded us.

What do you mean by pragmatic?

His war shenanigans were not pragmatic… nor is Blair’s legacy likely to reflect that, but using his failed experiment as an example does not invalidate the opinion

Pragmatism is simply being prepared to compromise ideology if it means a better outcome for all… as opposed to sticking by principles that may see you in high regard by peers but put at risk the quality of live of the ordinary folks… I happen to believe that despite the EU being far from perfect and a ‘school’ for scoundrels and elite, this was worth putting up with given the benefits to our economy… you may go on all you like about balance if trade(never a good indicator of wealth) but we became the 5th richest nation in the planet whilst a member of the EU. The fact we have done little of worth with that for the people of this country is down to successive Westminster governments and a general Conservative population… even our working classes have a high degree of Conservative voters…

We won’t see another Labour government until Labour regains some of the Scottish seats which won’t happen with the current EU stance…