:labour: New Old Labour in trouble

Possibly. Even more possibly, people are going to watch the film, which let’s not forget has led to the suspension of Chris Williamson MP, and wonder why the fuss is about what it’s about.

As for your assessment of how badly the claims are affecting the party, the voters don’t seem to believe that the Labour Party is institutionally antisemitic, at least going by the 2017 poll.

Unless of course, they’re all at it too.

Seriously though, Labour is a right on contest when it comes to being anti-racist. Palestine is an example of that. Supporting the occupied population is probably the bravest way you can be an anti-racist at the moment.

Israel has created legislation establishing the primacy of one race over another. That’s pretty racist.

4 Likes

I see The Sun is dredging up another old story on Corbin this morning…
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8905958/jeremy-corbyn-blasted-video-mocking-captured-sas-iraq/

At some point, Labour have got to say “fuck off. you’re a foreign government and you’re taking the piss”.

Problem is, when anyone suggests that there might be an issue, they’re suspended.

https://twitter.com/papingu/status/1134417654767337472

4 Likes

Absolutely right. What Willsman said was not grotesque or anti semitic, it was the truth. The TV news led on this story tonight, completely one sided, interviews with Ruth Smeeth and the rest of them. No one dares mention the Al Jazeera expose of the Israeli Embassy openly offering bribes to LFI MPs to smear Corbyn and anyone else taking a pro Palestinian stance. It is as if it never happened. Sooner or later Corbyn and the Labour Party are going to have to grow a backbone, you wont appease a bully by begging him to stop kicking you. This covert recording of Willsman took place in January, so why release it now? Could it be because a new wave of anti Corbyn stories are being ramped up across the MSM, Corbyn seen to be under pressure, Campbell suspended yesterday, this made public the next day. Expect more of this increasingly hysterical nonsense right up to the next election, which may be sooner rather than later. Israel and their fifth columnists in the UK parliament are bricking it at the thought of a possible Prime Minister of this country who unequivocally supports Palestinian human rights. Time for Corbyn, and all decent senior figures in the party to confront the like of Smeeth, Wes Streeting, Hodge and the rest of the baying mob of Israel firsters with the evidence confirming that Willsman was absolutely correct, as confirmed in ‘The Lobby’.

5 Likes

Odds on Labour not winning the next GE by a landslide…?

Forgive me Cobs, but I am not sure how your comment ties in with the tweet.

FWIW though, taking no deal off the table was always a stupid move.

No worries it happens Pap - it’s an age thing. Happens to us all eventually :wink:

I was referring to the fact that if we have to go looking for a trade deal with the USA and access to the NHS is on the table then if Labour are complicit in allowing that to happen I suspect an almighty negative backlash from the electorate.

I genuinely think most of them will be unaware, and most will be at least aware that the link between no deal Brexit and the immediate transformation of the NHS into a US style system is extremely tenuous, requiring several worst case scenarios to happen in unison.

Stranger things have happened tbf

1 Like

When you say “in Unison…” :thinking::grin::grin:

Probably.

But there probably isn’t a group of people, disappointed at not having their ill-informed vote heard, that want everything to go tits up so they can be right.

Here or isreal? I don’t suppose it matters, because they definitely aren’t doing it and anyone that says they are, well you know what to call them(which means you don’t have have to bother thinking and coming to the only logical conclusion).

Ooopsie…bit of a fuck up right at the end there :joy:

Hopefully this Peterborough result will sharpen minds.

Labour still hold the seat, but with Brexit Party in second place. If this is repeated across the country, that’s a landslide - but surely shows that there are more votes Labour can get from the BP if it wants to.

1 Like

Hardly a great turn out though. 35% wasn’t it? I’m sure I heard that Nigel Farage & Co Limited only got 30% of that…

This annoys me - the whole you only got 30% of the 35% so therefore you don’t have a mandate because 88% didn’t explicitly agree

65% gave up their right to have a say so they don’t count literally and figuratively

2 Likes

Ho, hum. Don’t really care tbh, the only good thing was Farage & Co Limited didn’t win. Great only from my perspective obviously - other opinions are available.

Turnout was 48%.

Labour got 35% of that turnout.

Ok - whatever the turnout- I only went on what I had read online (hint that truth on the internet is what you want to believe in, eh fella?)

Anyway, this is what the BBC had to say and I assume you got your figure from there.

And Nigel Farage & Co Limited got the 30% of that?

Still not impressive but that’s enough on this for me today tbh I’m sick and tired of it all.