:labour: New Old Labour in trouble

Lol - Len McClusky calling of people to “dial down the rhetoric”. Like he hasn’t hammed it up before.

I share Cook’s view. It’s a complete capitulation.

After 17 years of writing about Israel, after winning a respected journalism prize for being “one of the reliable truth-tellers in the Middle East”, the Labour party is about to declare that I, and many others like me, are irredeemable anti-semites.

1 Like

Completely agree, @pap.

I’ll be incredibly disappointed and not a little disillusioned if Labour backs down on the examples. Unless it is couched in further examples that clarify the ability to denounce the state of Israel for crimes that it is trying to put in a box marked “untouchable”.

3 Likes

This is getting silly.

Margaret Hodge compares the investigation into her by the Labour party with how Jews were treated in 1930s Germany.

She wondered “Oh my God, are they doing this to me because I’m Jewish?”.

Says Corbyn has to accept the definitions and then start a long journey of making reparations toward the Jewish community.

Fuck me she’s complaining of feeling that ‘people are coming for her’ and ‘bullying’ her, I wonder if any other MP’s have felt that way over the last few months?

3 Likes

I was careful to watch the video and quoted her (actually I improved the grammar slightly as she stumbled over her words).

I’m struggling to see the distinction that Suzanne Moore is trying to make.

What is she saying that Hodge was saying that is different from Sky’s headline?

2 Likes

I think her response is based on the original @skybreakingnews tweet, which some people are saying is misleading. I’m Just putting it out there. I’m sick of the whole thing.

2 Likes

Ahh, gotcha.

Maybe my old brain is fucked… too much unhealthy living in my youth why is its so difficult for Corbyn to just stand up and say something along the lines of…

''FFS get a grip. I am sure we do have a few bigoted twats in our party - all parties do, and when we find em we will expel them. But we need to inject some fucking honesty into this debate. First up this is not about the Jewish people or community. Its about the israeli Government acting in a manner that have would the US sending down a rain of terror, if it were any other country… you simply cannot ignore the treatment of the Palestinians. Yes their own terror groups have been guilty of fuelling the fires, but ultimately it needs the government of Israel to acknowledge it has the power to resolve this if it choses to. There is no argument against that. Sadly that orange cunt with stupid hair (as have previous US foreign policy makers) are happy to let them do as they please for three simple reasons 1) they are taking out arabs who they do’nt like, 2) there is huge ‘Jewish’ vote, and 3) They sell them a fuck load of arms…

So FFS, lets stop sucking the US Cock for a moment (made a bit more awkward given Brexit) and call the proverbial spade and spade. The government of Israel is out of fucking order and needs to brought in line with what successive United Nation Resolutions have demanded. I know from my own Jewish friends, the vast majority of the community want the same end goal of a lasting peace and reconciliation - not this eye for and eye bullshit.

Any of you cunts in the media listening too the whispers of fucked in the head tory spin doctors have a problem with that? I’ll see you outside when you stop hiding behind your shitty little pencils and playing with your tiny diseased cocks for a second."

That should do it I reckon (might struggle winning over the blue-rinsed Daily Mail crowd, but fuck them)

2 Likes

Good point well made Moty.
Now, how many previous PM’s or Opposition Leaders have said that quite so eloquently…
They can’t, because they could alienate their own Jewish/Muslim voters

1 Like

He’s already done it (alright, not the bits about Trump and the US).

Try Googling for “Corbyn Antisemitsm Apology” and see which media outlets come up with a result.

I found it in The South China Morning Post.

And here’s a text extract.

Antisemitic abuse has no place in our Party or movement. No one with such views acts in my name, or the name of our Party. They are not our supporters.

And anyone who denies this has surfaced within our Party is contributing to the problem.

I want Jewish people to feel at home in the Labour Party and be able to play their full part in our campaigning work to take our country forward.

Driving antisemitism out of our Party for good, and working with the Jewish community to rebuild trust, are vital priorities.

Anti-racism is at the core of our movement. We must act to unite people of all communities to overcome inequality and prejudice, and build a fair country for all.

1 Like

Having a few beers tonight with some teachers I work with and one that used to be a teacher but left to become a Labour activist.

Really looking forward to getting his perspective on all this.

2 Likes

Aye but i think we need more folks calling out the israeli Government… but they simply retreat into that anti-Semitic rhetoric… something that is simply so disrespectful to those millions murdered by and the few that survived the holocaust… There will be never be peace in the region while the majority of the west tip tow around the issue and let them do as they please…

2 Likes

Margaret Hodge is the MP for Barking. How very very apt!

2 Likes

Hodge that had to pay compensation to a child abuse victim, that she attempted to bully into silence and covered up pedophilia?
If it’s that Hodge, her and some of her relatives are very well remunerated by a foreign state and it’s associates.

1 Like

Corbyn must surely explain himself or resign!

3 Likes

This puts Hodge’s comments into perspective.

3 Likes

Powerful words. Will be very surprised if we see that on the BBC news or in the Daily Fail etc. Unfortunately.

3 Likes

Norman Finkelstein has been dismissed on numerous occasions by officials of the State of Israel as a ‘self hating Jew’. This is the line taken by all ardent Zionists against any criticism of Israel’s policies re the Palestinians by prominent Jewish academics, journalists etc. Of whom there are many. But the MSM very rarely allow their voices to be heard, let’s face it, when it comes to coverage of Israel’s policies towards the occupied Palestinians they are way beyond biased. Bought and paid for.

5 Likes