:labour: New Old Labour in trouble

Interesting follow-up…

Asking a corbyn activist if they think Corbyn is being smeared is only ever going to give you one outcome.

Its a bit like asking Ronaldo if he rates himself.

1 Like

See follow-up Tweet.

This is what happens when you demonise someone. You will turn some people away but you will entrench the core support.

When Trump is lambasted (like this :trumpclown:) his followers see it as proof they are on the right path.

Hmm - apparently he won the Sean McBride Peace Prize last year, whatever the fuck that is.

In other news, I got my second best ever time on a strava segment today.

2 Likes

Don’t let that get you down, mate.

I’m setting records everytime I’m in the saddle*.

* This might be because Bletch has only recorded 5 rides on Strava

The one prediction I have out of all of this is that antisemitism malarkey, is that Israel will have a greater number of committed opponents.

I had pretty set, put lamentably passive views on Israel before this started and now I feel quite militant and have taken a deeper interest in its transgressions.

For the sake of transparency, I strongly support the right of people to identify as, and practice as Jews - as I do all religious movements.

5 Likes

Fuck them and the fat little wanker Hislop.

“But how do you know he is a wanker, pap?”

I’ve seen him

You’ve seen him wanking? Might want to have a think about where you’re hanging about.

2 Likes

On the positive side, it was a “media ish” tweet that wasn’t about anti-…

I’ve seen that he’s fat and little. The rest follows from there.

I don’t think you’re alone in that, @saintbletch. I’ve said many times that this action is utterly counterproductive. If the aim was to muddy the waters regarding the definition of antisemitism, then it’s worked, but not in way that was desired.

This has provoked a debate about antisemitism, and many involved in the debate are saying that they profoundly disagree with the IHRA definition. That is the complete opposite of what was desired by the pro-Zionist lobby.

I actually welcome Netanyahu’s intervention, and especially encourage Corbyn’s response. People have been complaining that he hasn’t been strong enough on this, and to an extent, I would agree. However, I can’t help wondering whether JC’s rather feisty rebuke would have had the power it had without the abstention beforehand.

The replies To the original article grin the telegraph are excellent, highlighting that they don’t understand the sign being made by Corbyn And what it means…yet publish the story anyway.

Evan Davis getting proper pelters on Twitter following his interview with Chris Williamson last night.

Poor fucker probably doesn’t know where to look today.

1 Like
3 Likes

Offshore we have Wankers and liars,

even the Women are included in that statement.

Len McCluskey has fired both barrels toward ‘the Jewish community’ in support of Corbyn.

Jezzer has filed a complaint against the coverage of wreathgate by 6 papers.

Fighting back.

2 Likes

Yup, but I thought McCluskey’s position on adopting the IHRA definition in full was counterproductive.

Too many of the examples are tied to Israel directly, a nation that has been a thing for 70 years, and contains a fraction of the world’s Jewish population.

Putting things through official channels is very smart, though.

1 Like