:labour: New Old Labour in trouble

You and me both…

Who would listen to anything he has to say anyway??

As we all know, Jaws is about adultery.

Hello to Jason Isaacs too.

1 Like

I see the Noble Baron Kinnock of Bedwelty is the latest to be wheeled out to have a pop at Corbyn, accusing him of a “serious evasion of duty” over the issue of the EU single market. Irrespective of which side of the fence you sit on this issue, do these New Labour remainers not realise that it is self defeating to their position, wheeling out people like Kinnock, Blair Mandelson etc. Are they so out of touch with reality that they don’t realise these people are despised, held in contempt by the average man in the street? For anyone to understand where Lord K is coming from, and in the interests of basic honesty, the very least he could have done is declare his own personal interests in the matter before opening his mouth. This is a man who made his political name as a very vocal campaigner for leaving the EU. And now has his own family carriage on the EU gravy train. Just some basic research, (i’m bored), is very enlightening. Aren’t facts a nuisance!

During Lord and Lady Ks tenures at the EU, a total of 775,000 in wages for Lady K and 1.85 million for Lord K, adding up to 2.65 million. Allowance for Lady K in staff and office costs of 2.9 million. “Entertainment allowance” for Lord K, 64,564. A total of five publicly funded pensions worth 4.4 million. A housing allowance that allowed them both to claim accomodation costs even though, as a married couple, they lived in the same house in the Belgian capital between 1995 and 2004. Their children were all on board with highly paid positions too. Look up ‘self-serving’ in the dictionary and there is a picture of Lord K there.

His betrayal of the miners won’t be forgotten either.

2 Likes

So Ken has finally had enough and is leaving the Labour Party.

Nice of the BBC not to include voices of support but happy to include twitter messages that are the complete opposite…

Fair play to Ken for falling on his sword on this one.

FWIW, nothing he said was inaccurate or anti-Semitic. His exact words were “Hitler supported Zionism”, and he did. The zionists wanted settlers for its growing colony in Palestine. Hitler wanted to get rid of Jews. Interests were aligned, and enshrined in the Haavara Agreement.

What happened was that a different quote, “Hitler was a zionist”, was attributed to Livingstone, and as usual, the lie got around the world before the truth had time to put its pants on, John Mann rendering himself a bullying fucking disgrace.

Now you can argue that Livingstone was a fucking idiot for bringing it up in the first place, but not without tacitly acknowledging that there are certain things you cannot say, even if they are true.

Ken’s status should have been sorted a year ago. When it wasn’t, and his suspension was maintained, I predicted that he’d just be summoned as an anti-Semitic spectre before every set of elections, and so it has proved. Ken’s decided it’s better to be off the board than be a strategically played pawn. I say again, fair play. History will be a lot kinder to him than the present has been.

2 Likes

Agree 100% @pap

2 Likes

Agree mostly @pap but wasn’t the problem the words after your correctly quoted bit? The “and then he went mad” bit.

I thought they used the potential implications in that bit as the stick to beat him with.

Still look on the bright side, it’s top of the page at the guardian(four articles). So someone’s happy.

And that’s an acceptable comment? I guess you can say what you want on the internet unless it is denounced as anti Semitic by certain interested parties?

Not sure that account is at all representative. He / she is getting pelters in response and rightly so.

This topic was automatically opened after 5 hours.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

I wish someone could properly define anti-semitism for me and explain why Labour is being anti-semetic

2 Likes

Good luck Bob, have a read of this and see what you think.

https://www.holocaustremembrance.com/working-definition-antisemitism

1 Like

Thanks @gavstar, so that’s the definition, makes it no clearer to me why Corbin/Labour are peceived as anti-semtiic though :man_shrugging:

It’s a definition of racism that a political lobby gets to control.

4 Likes

Is Jewish a race or a religion?

It’s complicated.

The Jewish community is certainly too racially diverse to call itself a single homogeneous race, much as we in the UK can’t.

There is also a sizable proportion that self-identify as Jewish but don’t practice Judaism. These folk are normally called secular Jews.

Would that make Nathan Redmond a secular footballer?

6 Likes