:labour: New Old Labour in trouble

Pap, anti-Semitism is hostility to the Jewish state and Jewry I would guess, but anyway more intelligent people have pushed this and it now has traction, I saw it you didn’t want to as it didn’t fit in with your agenda, live with it son.

Anti-semitism is a blight that pre-dates the formation of the state of Israel. The most outrageous examples of anti-semitism ever perpetrated took place before its formation.

How do you square that with your second guess at a definition?

There have always been Jews that were hostile to the idea of a Jewish state in Palestine, some in the abstract, others based on the practicalities and day to day reality since Israel’s formation.

Are they anti-semitic?

1 Like

How many of the 70 are momentum members? Important to know that, considering your allegations.

Pro Palestinian and anti semitic are different. Why do you always associate the two?

Anti semitism is not the same as denouncing the actions of a terrorist apartheid state. That’d be as stupid as blaming all Muslims for the acts of a few terrorists. Do you know anyone that stupid?

4 Likes

Where have I said anti-Semtitism is the same as denouncing? Israel?

I certainly have never blamed Muslims for terrorists acts, they may be homophobes if they abide the doctrine but I can’t label people that, thats is wrong. I always thought the Islamic faith was peaceful, are you telly me something different?

Did I write Jewry in there? Oh I did.

A term you’ve not defined.

For me, it’s anyone that identifies as Jewish. Massively broad church, which goes from ultra-orthodox to secular, pro-zionist to anti-settlement.

We’ve got folk from this broad church singing disagreement in unison about things being done in their name by the state of Israel. That’s why I asked the question of whether these people are anti-semitic, despite the rather self-defeating nature of it all from their individual perspectives.

Perfect.

nice

I may be a little drunk.

3 Likes

You always conflate the two. Today’s offerings alone are full of it. Is it deliberate(an Act. il member?) or don’t you know you do it?

I certainly have never blamed Muslims for terrorists acts, they may be homophobes if they abide the doctrine but I can’t label people that, thats is wrong. I always thought the Islamic faith was peaceful, are you telly me something different?

Again, go back and reread your posts. Bet i could find one that states the opposite of peaceful, when talking about Islam(you will need to bet for me to bother, but we both know it’ll be there).

2 Likes

Didn’t this start from you thinking no one in Momentum was/is anti Semitic? Do you still hold that view in spite of todays news?

The TV is a very popular medium, I am merely highlighting it like you.

I was being bold.

3 Likes

Just putting it out there, don’t get defensive hun xx

1 Like

Not really Barry. So far you’ve thrown accusations around but given no evidence.

How many of the 70 are momentum members?

Why do you conflate the support of an illegally suppressed people with anti semitism?

Who told you(incorrectly) that anti semitism was hostility towards Israel?

Bonus question. Which state(legal or otherwise) is the only state conclusively proven to have used a nerve agent on foreign soil?

2 Likes

:lou_lol:

Remind me about the tattoos

1 Like

The evidence of what?

That Momentum has some anti-Semitic members you deny this?

Of the 70?

I wouldn’t know, do you?

Conflate?

I don’t conflate anything of the sort, you appear to as a defence mechanism.

anti-Semite - towards Jewry (read it again son)

Nerve agents? I wouldn’t know Israel? Iraq? Your point?

“this group of extreme left come from Momentum.” These are your words.

Conflate?

I don’t conflate anything of the sort, you appear to as a defence mechanism.

“anti semitic pro Palestinian” yours again.

anti-Semite - towards Jewry (read it again son)

“anti-Semitism is hostility to the Jewish state” as are these.

It’s deliberate isn’t it?

1 Like

So what are you saying there are no anti-Semites who are pro Palestinian? Where have I said all?

I certainly don’t disagree with my statement obviously that Momentum have extreme left/hard left people with pro Palestinain sympathies who dislike the state of Israel?

You disgaree, or do you want to try to deflect from that reality?