:labour: New Old Labour in trouble

Let’s not go round this ride again. I’ve demanded nothing. You provided some material, I provided sour to the sweet (devils advocate if you will). As an aside, I think your post about the interpretation of the mural a few posts ago is pretty spot on, although I would disagree with the insinuation about freemasonry…no, I am not a freemason nor ever have been.

All I ever asked you to show me was where I said Labour are antisemitic, because you were asking me to provide evidence that they are (even though I haven’t said they are).

1 Like

Jeremy Corbyn today wished all communities a Happy Easter. Bloody Anti-Semite!

2 Likes

All fun and games. Of all the pre-election bouts of antisemitism accusations, this one looks to be the strongest and most organised. Apparently, Corbyn’s critics are to make demands of him. Just ponder that for a second. A group that at best, represents the entire UK community, totalling 300K people, a relatively tiny (0.5%) constituency in the United Kingdom.

Reality doesn’t make it any better, because we’ve already had plenty of commentary from the Jewish community decrying the comments made by the Board of Deputies. In reality, these people are supporting political zionist co-travellers, those that uncritically support the actions of the present Israeli state, be it occupation, disproportionate brutality, racism or all of the above. That is far less than 300k people, far less than 0.5% and less than any constituent nation of the United Kingdom.

Political zionism has a large influence in Parliament. It’s not just the fact that per capita, Jewish MPs are eight times over-represented. Its the fact that 80% of the Conservative Party are members of Conservative Friends of Israel, or that a majority of the Parliamentary Labour Party used to belong to its Labour equivalent.

And here’s the great thing. If you attempt to point out the disproportionate influence that _political _lobby holds, you’re labelled a special form of racist, even though right now in Israel, blacks are discriminated against. It’s little wonder. Black Jews were only let into the country in 1984, after much international pressure. There is also a whole race of people with fresh roots going back centuries that have to deal with oppression and brutality every day because they happen to be Palestinian.

EDIT : Well worth a repost under the circumstances.

Hmmm, I really am not especially interested in this discussion but a google search with the keywords ‘momentum’ and ‘anti-semitism’ came up with this little lot…

I thought a constituency was about 70,000 people?

Pap has an agenda and bollocks to the truth.

Why would someone save Wenzhou train collision to their bookmark bar? Very odd and suspicious behaviour.

2 Likes

Out of interest Pap/Beltch/Soviet do you have any stats on the number of (unique) posters in recent weeks?

Just a personal perception is traffic isn’t there and current “popular” topics and “discussion” may be to blame - less than a handful of threads being updated in a day. Is that good?

Not a lot is footie related. Appreciate we’re not just about footie / light hearted banter, but perhaps Sotonians Soviet may want to consider setting up a sister site for miserable political point scorers?

Alternatively someone could set up a new site…oh wait!

:lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

There hasn’t been a Saints game on since the Wigan FA Cup win.

This site has always followed the news. I’m really not arsed about how many people post on this site, nor do I think that there is anything to get offended by. It’s one of the few places I’ve seen measured discussion and a bit of analysis of the situation in a coherent form.

I do not sit here imagining how content is going to drive traffic. People are free to vote with their feet. If a safe space alternative is preferable, those Grey Havens are there to sail to, but I’d rather that happened than we started pulling punches for fear of forum footfall.

1 Like

Damn, I’ve been rumbled.

Actually, just a case I was thinking about on risk and organizational crisis. We’re recruiting Chinese students like mad to make up for an expected plummeting of EU students post-Brexit, so I’m looking for teaching cases that I can use that might be relevant to the changing demographic.

This is clearly a lie.

1 Like

Why are educational establishments whoring themselves out? Surely if they’re good they’ll come?

Pap?

Pap any comment?

A number, actually.

First, I’m out of the house twelve hours a day. Stop being such a needy cuntprick, if you could.

Second, my claims on this subject throughout, which I don’t see anyone disagreeing with, is that this is a politically motivated stunt that is blowing things out of proportion.

The Labour Party has a membership of over half a million. It has one of the most robust systems for dealing with complaints out of any particular party. I understand that at the time of writing that there are 70 investigations underway.

That’s 70 people out of half a million, or 0.00014%, being investigated. Let’s assume they’re all found guilty. Does that sound like a disproportionately large number?

Of course, you’ll say “that’s because they’re not investigating enough people, init”.

Seeing as you’re such an expert on the subject, can we get _your _definition of anti-semitism please?

So I’ve said this group of extreme left come from Momentum. Correct

I’ve said they support Corby. Correct

I’ve said they’re in the main young reactionaries who are pro Palestinan in the main. Correct

I’ve said Corbyn in hamstrung by this. Correct

I’ve said Momentum has some anti semitic people in it. Correct

There are anti semitic pro Palestinian elements within the Party and they’ve come from this entryist reactioney movement called Momentum, they’ve taken over the Party, the party of Unions and bloc votes (not momentums fault granted but the way they shifted the one vote policy is) is now bending the knee to state haters, there is huge trouble brewing, huge, you either know little of politics or are naive to believe this will turn out ok, the good will get fucked ie Corbyn and the basking sharks ie Umana will gain power.

The sooner the Labour Party get Bert Van Marwijk in the better.

1 Like

I’m specifically asking for your definition of antisemitism, Bazza.

If you don’t know what it is, how are you able to make any sort of claim with certainty?

Pap you think I’m falling for that aged number you pull to deflect from your wrongful assertions, its rather obvious you need help with that word and meaning. I’ll can put up a quote of the meaning if that’ll help but I am sure you’re savvy enough to look it up yourself, with that said I would said a Holocaust denier is something that falls into that category and I’m sure you’ll agree, no read the news and pop back to me when you have had a gen up.

I’ve given a very clear definition of what I think it is, and why I feel that Labour isn’t particularly afflicted by it.

Even if people differ on my definition, they at least know where I am coming from, and know the basis of my points.

Can we get a definition from you, @barry-sanchez ? I ask because I really don’t think you know yourself, and you’re refusing to define your terms. That is quite an unreasonable position when making allegations on the scale that you are.