⚽ :redcard: New laws for 2019/20 season

Well actually they came into effect ont he 1st June

I think the bit in there about handball covers @Goatboy’s theory that opposition players will deliberately kick the ball on to the other players hand, or maybe not.

As one of my old bosses would say “too fuckiung complicated”

1 Like

Thought we could have a new thread for the arguments to come. :sunglasses:
VAR obviously, but seeing as most football fans are small c conservatives & still dont understand the offside law, I’m sure there will be debates this season.
Before the season kicks off, there have been a lot of changes. Here they are.
Learn them & make your mates feel stupid on match days!

Football’s new laws - changes to backpasses, penalties, handballs and subs for 2019-20 - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48965849

The goal keeper rule Shirley, is only an enforcement of the real rule IE: the goalkeeper must be on the line when the spot kick is taken?

Quite…that has always been the rule and the blatant ignoring of the rule by referees used to drive me fuckin’ nuts. I’m sure there will be many more non-enforcement that will take its place. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

The main thing to remember this season is not to celebrate any goal until VAR says so.

2 Likes

I’m sure one of the new rules was that if the ball hits the referee then goes to the opposition, play should be stopped and an uncontested drop ball should be the result.

Sheffield Utd are fuming…

https://twitter.com/RCWBS/status/1211364083443875841?s=20

The law is an ass.

So, it appears that the ball didn’t actually touch the referee as the Sheffield Utd. player effectively tackled the referee by putting his foot between the referee’s legs - and in doing so takes himself out of the game as he can’t get through the referee.

So a law that is designed to stop the referee from having a massive impact on the game in open play, is followed to the letter so that a referee has a massive impact on the game in open play.

Ah, well, De Bruyne assist so I’m not moaning.

I think you’d have to be a tit to not admit that var is being a bit shit at the moment. My solution is to say that var can only be looked at if the club manager or capt requests it, and they only get 3 requests per game. A correct call means they haven’t used to one of their requests.

Yeah, that’s the perfect solution and no doubt…until a Champions League final or World Cup is lost due to a refereeing howler where the losing team had used up their referrals.

I like the idea better than what we currently have, but there will be problems with every implementation.

Souness had an interesting idea on TV earlier re VAR offside rulings and that was that the player should have at least something that he can score with onside. He said it would make the game more entertaining and would likely result in less contentious VAR offside decisions. Dunno?

Yeah, because there has never been an unjust result in a final before

So that explains why the ref gave a drop ball yesterday, after the ball had hit him and landed very kindly indeed for Palace. That particular rule change had clearly passed me by.

1 Like

How would you feel if we’d had VAR but had used all our referrals?

Like I say, I’d prefer the cricket or tennis jeopardy system, but it will still result in travesties.

The same as I feel now as the outcome is the same.

Please don’t go all pap on me.

Just answer the question.

I think my view is clear and had been consistently clear. Who knows what you think. Just give us a straight answer.

Answer my question first.

Poo poo face.

Who would you rather have officiating - five referee-sized cocker spaniels, or one cocker spaniel-sized referee? This is a serious question, and scientific research is based on questions just like it. If you don’t choose one or the other you get Kevin Friend, every game, forever.

3 Likes

I would answer your question if I knew what it was.

I’ve spoken to lots of people about VAR while you’ve been hiding your head in the sand like a varmoana.

1 Like

I’m not repeating it. You’ve just ignored it. If you don’t know the answer, don’t be ashamed.

It will just mean that you agree with me forever, you fucking vareteer.

Just answer the question.

I’ve already given my answer. If you didn’t understand it then get someone to read it to you. And then get someone to explain it to you.