🚗 🚙 My Next Car Will Be

And it’s here :-

2 Likes

My Kia Nero hybrid returned 80.4 mpg yesterday.
OK it was only a 6 mile trip. :slight_smile:

Is yours a plug-in or self-charging? Mine is the self-charging variety.

Self-charging, or mild hybrid as they like to call it.

1 Like

So you use the petrol or diesel engine to charge a larger battery than a normal petrol or diesel car?

Yes makes eco warrior sense that does :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

And don’t forgot the regen when you’re braking as well
I know, I know.

I am now assuming its that large to accomodate the litheum crystal battery that is required to get it off planet?

I got me one of these instead

1 Like

Love it
 I love the 80s and early 90s German classics.

I want a nice mint condition Mercedes 230e. Runs like a roller!

1 Like

It’s practically finished now. Paint done, interior retrimmed in leather, new alloys, new 80s-style Blaupunkt stereo and a host of refettling. When we get a decent day I’ll post a few pics of the finished article.

I also love those old Mercs. The estates were great, but that coupé with the concave roof is peak Mercedes for me. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

However I’m still in love with this German beauty, even after 6 years of ownership
 Doesn’t quite have the same ‘waft’ as an 80s Merc though!

Sadly this ceramic coat has worn off somewhat now, so it’ll need another soon.

2 Likes

This model has a decent options list, but the one thing you can’t get for it is a cup holder. :thinking:

IMG_20240208_002437

You should never drink and drive anyway.

1 Like

Mine’s polished now we have a dry day and I can get it out of the garage
took it for a spin

1 Like

You guys are mad spinning your ancient & valuable cars.

Here you are @scotty the MG I was talking about this afternoon. The one on display at The British Motor Museum at Gaydon. It’s the 1957 record breaking MG EX-181 and driven by Stirling Moss on Bonneville Salt Flats

My next car will be a Veyron

2 Likes

My mate built a very powerful hot rodded 1934 Morris 10 back in the '70s. It had a 7 litre V8 engine and was scary fast as you can imagine. One night he was clocked at over 120 mph on the M27 by a cop car who finally caught up (after my mate slowed down). The cop said he thought it was a light aircraft landing on the motorway, chatted for 30 minutes about the car and didn’t bother to write a ticket. :rofl:
It was our wedding car

5 Likes

@Goatboy has added another van to the fleet.

2 Likes

I inadvertently found myself behind @PhilippineSaint in traffic the other day. :+1::+1:
Naturally, I blew my horn