Movies You Might Not Have Heard Of But Should Watch Cos They're Good

One of the greatest scenes, no dialogue just storytelling through image and sound.

I’ll take this opportunity to be all edgy and cool and recommend some Korean films:

I Saw The Devil - Super bloody revenge flick, a secret agent repeatedly captures, tortures and releases the man who murdered his fiance.
The Man From Nowhere - A man fights to protect his only friend from violent gangsters. Very slick and well made film.
Memories of Murder - One detective from Seoul and a bunch of bumpkin police officers must solve a shocking murder case. Aesthetically stunning film and one which perfectly sums up Korean cinema for me - flitting between brutally violent and darkly humorous with ease.

Thanks for the recommendations :laughing:

You’re welcome! I enjoyed all of those films immensely and not many people may think to look to Korean cinema for quality like that. There are some incredibly talented directors and writers in Korean cinema that are making some very good films. Here’s a breakdown from Memories of Murder!

Hey :smile: You live in South Korea? Or just have an interest in cinema

Live in Edinburgh, watched Oldboy and loved it so sought out more!

1 Like

Anyone seen ‘Super’ with Rainn Wilson and Kevin Bacon? Sorry Bearsy it is capeshit, but good capeshit :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Great taste. His cinematography is about the only thing that makes Skyfall worth watching. The Man Who Wasn’t There is probably my favourite film he’s shot.

Mother, by the same director as Memories of Murder is also very good.