Movies You Might Not Have Heard Of But Should Watch Cos They're Good

One of my all time favourites (sorry only a trailer):

And if none of these suggestions work you can always wait for Ted 2.

1 Like

How about some 70s/80s euro-horror?

Suspiria

The Beyond

City of the Living Dead

Black Sunday

Those four should start you off nicely.

The Place Beyond the Pines

Tks bros for suggestions, I will review these and let you know who is good at recommending movies, and who is dumbass

3 Likes

Good thread, Bear. If it goes well, we will add Auteur Film Director 2015 to your list of badges. We tried getting bletch with the Poet Laureate badge. No dice. Let’s see if Furball bites.

Truly a brilliant film

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

Originally posted by @Ohio-Saint

Dark Star

If you want to hear a conversation with a bomb that thinks it’s a god.

Truly a brilliant film

I want to watch it again, but I can’t find it anywhere!! :cry:

Dark Star was my handle when CB Radio was cool. True story.

I think the movie Bearsy really needs to rediscover is Walkabout.

Hmm thinking that through he may need to watch The Railway Children first to get some context.

Hmmm Thinking that through makes it probably even more wrong.

A serious offer for consideration is Inescapable.

It’s a low budget Canadian movie about a former Syrian Intelligence Office who fled to the US having been accused of working for Mossad. While it got panned by the critics, it captured the feel and nature of that country (which I love so much) in the Assad era and pre-civil war.

But as it’s Bear just watch Barbarella in ultra slo-mo to see the designs for the Orgasmatron - allegedly

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

Dark Star was my handle when CB Radio was cool. True story.

I think the movie Bearsy really needs to rediscover is Walkabout.

Which just happens to be on BBC4 tonight (Sunday) at 11.00

I was not aware of Cloud Atlas when it came out in 2012 but saw it on Sky Movies knowing nothing about it. Often the best way to view a film is with an open mind. Absolutely loved the film and have watched it again a number of times. Completely original with six (I think) linked stories from different times, past, present and future.

1 Like

Thanks for bumping this thread, Nobby Plumbs.

I see after all the bluster about films that you might not have heard of but should watch cos they’re good, and the threats that we’d be off Bear’s film reviewer list if we served up crap, there has been decidedly little feedback from the Bear-boy.

Now perhaps he is sitting under a tree somewhere, diligently working through our recommendations with a notebook and a tablet, but we just don’t know.

Update pls Bear.

Irrevrsible and Hidden are both good foreign (French) films. Former is pretty fucked up though and can be difficult to watch at times.

If you havent seen it already I would recommend Donnie Darko. It didnt do a lot of business when first released but has since become a cult movie. See it and you will know why it has a new lease of life.

Similar to Shawshank which bombed at the box office and was not well received by the critics but went on to become one of the most popular films of all time. Still my number one film.

“Get busy living or get busy dying”

Good selection. I’d also recommend:

Who Could Kill a Child?

Black Christmas

Shock

Not Euro horror, but also very good:

Session 9

House on Sorority Row

House of 1000 Corpses

Audition

Slaughter High

House (batshit mental Japanese film, nothing to do with Hugh Laurie)

Erm yeah I ain’t buvvered watching any of these gr8 suggestions, as yet!

I did watch one film though in the week, that I hadn’t seen before. It was called Beauty & THE BEAST! It was Disney cartoon film, I think from prob i.e. The Early 90s, judging by The Animation. It was pretty sweet! My favourite part was when THE BEAST was trying to have his first romantic dance with Belle, and the teapot woman is off to one side, singing at them. It’s all romantic music, but the lyrics is like:

A tale as old as time

A song as old as rhyme

Beauty and THE BEEEEAST

If I was THE BEAST I would have gone over and stomped the teapot for that! She was TAKING THE FUCKING PISS & doing the ultimate cock-block! It made me think bout it would be a v.funny song to have as the first dance at i.e. Iain Dowie’s wedding! Beauty and THE BEEEEEAST!

It ended quite sad though. I felt bad for THE BEAST that he didn’t get to fuck Belle one time, before he turned back into a Human. I would have wanted to fuck her at least one time, as THE BEAST! She would’ve LOVED IT!

1 Like

So, essentially you couldn’t be bothered, wasted everyone’s time and are now trying to cunningly deflect all of this by re-imagining Disney’s Beauty and the Beast as some kind of nasty bestiality video.

Is that about the size of it, Bear?

1 Like

The Gaston bro was off his nuts tho! He wanted to bang Belle, but she weren’t keen, so he’s like, what I’m gonna do, is throw ur dad in nuthouse. Then she still weren’t keen, so he’s like, ok, I’ll throw you in nuthouse too. Then she still weren’t keen, so he’s like, ok, what I’m gonna do, is kill THE BEAST. It was hard to follow his logic tbh. None of these plans seemed destined for success.

1 Like