🗳 May 2021 elections

Yay democracy!

It’s that time again. Trundle out to the polling station for the illusion of choice.

This year, we have:-

• Local elections
  • Mayoral elections
  • Scottish MSP elections
  • Welsh elections
  • And finally, the Hartlepool by-election…

Are you voting, and if so, what you do get to vote for this week?

Yeah I am voting in my location. Had to look up who was standing. Had to find out what they “promise” to do and what they might have done in the past. Or not.

I get to vote for a position with the County Council. Surprisingly I also get to vote for a separate position with my little district / area within the council.

Oh the fun!

1 Like

You’ll have more fun than these Labour door-steppers in Hartlepool.

1 Like

Only elections around here is for the local PCC, I have voted for the independent bloke…

He’s wrong, he may be in public but he can’t film someone without their permissions…

He was wrong in his choice of legal language too.

As the Labour matey pointed out, you have to have a trial to get acquitted. Keir didn’t even let it get that far, so I’m not sure why he thought the correction would help!

1 Like

So did I - It pisses me off that we have them at all or that they are politically affiliated

The irony is, I have just voted for someone who could be fucking hopeless on a point of principle

3 Likes

He’s fucking awful.

Moaning about the loss he engineered.

Keith’s gonna get tonked in Hartlepool.
I can see him gone by the summer.

1 Like

So what? Who’s going to notice?

Jonathan with a simple message…

2 Likes

I have a sneaking suspicion that as our opposition parties are as much use as a chocolate teapot the Tories will romp home, regardless of the fact in Engerland it’s only council elections.

Oh, and the Supreme Rozzer elections. The winner will no doubt be the most “hang ‘em and flog ‘em” right wing candidate.

I’ll just go and quietly vote the opposite for the lolz, not that it’ll make any difference here :roll_eyes:

Keith not popular with the Monkey Hangers

Blimey

1 Like

Looks like the rot had already started. Lost a smaller percentage than Corbyn did from 2017 to 2019…

Corbyn got a greater share in the vote in 2017 than the Tories did last night, when Labour were promising to uphold the referendum.

Corbyn didn’t lose the percentage from 2017-2019. Starmer did that for him with the disastrous EU-turn. The only reason the seat was retained last time was because of the FPTP split.

But well done. You got your “centre ground” politics back. What dismally barren ground it is!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Ps :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Novara Media nailing everything wrong with Keir. Owen Jones also in broken clock chimes once right per day shocker.

1 Like
1 Like