🗳 May 2021 elections

Longer version

Oh, the added irony of winning against someone called White.

1 Like

Tories win Southampton Coucil from Labour after Swaythling ward won by 20 votes.

1 Like

Hopefully the end of nonsense cycle lanes

The cycle network in Southampton is great - I can pretty much get from ashurst to town without getting killed

2 Likes

Rayner has been sacked as party chair and campaign coordinator

In a car? :wink:

1 Like

Lol.

No by hot air balloon, can see the cycles from there

1 Like

One thing I missed in the London mayor election was Count Binface got more votes than Corbyn’s brother, Piers

2 Likes

In fairness, the Corbyn brothers don’t seem to be cut from the same cloth. Whatever you think of his political views, Jeremy is no tinfoil milliner, which is far more than can be said for Piers.

I’d have laughed a lot harder if Count Binface (who had a rather wonderful manifesto) had got more votes than Laurence “Thought Leader” Fox. Actually, I’d have laughed myself into A&E.

4 Likes

I was going to ask how Fox the Denier fared?

He lost his deposit. Je suis désolé.

1 Like

First time I have voted for a PCC. Not convinced by these roles, but did a little bit of research on the candidates anyway.

1. An independent guy, in the PCC role since 2016. 25 year career in the police before that.
  2. Another independent. Was the PCC up to 2016. Ex police and ex military police.
  3. A Conservative. Law degree, works at the IOD. No police experience.
  4. A Liberal. Industry background. No police experience.

As you get two votes I went for the first two. They both got knocked out in round one. One of the people with zero relevant background won, by a mile.

I give up

3 Likes

He got fewer votes than a YouTuber whose policies were:

1. Make Freddos 5p again
  2. Ban Prince Andrew from going near schools
3 Likes

Freddos for 5p would have got my vote

1 Like

I’m torn. For the first time in my life, I have no idea whether I’m too old to understand the reference or too young.

What the hell are “Freddos”? :thinking:

+1.

You 2 don’t have young kids do you

1 Like