Mark Hughes confirmed as First Team Manager

Ah, it’s all happy at Staplewood

1 Like

Well, in the last game I saw (Stoke at home), Redmond came as close to scoring as anyone else - he had at least two decent efforts saved. He beat defenders on both wings, going outside or inside. Oh, and he put in some good crosses too; one of them, after he’d taken two defenders out of the game, put the ball on a plate for Boufal to head home. We all know what happened next.

If Hughes can get some confidence into him and encourage him to do more of that then he could be an important player for us over the remaining games.

2 Likes

Puel saw a player in Redmond but couldnt get him out. Pep seems to see something in him too. Maybe Hughes will suceed where others havent but by law of averages you would think that he would improve at least some of the squad.

Ok, I know. Clutching at straws!

looking forward to Wigan now. 0 - 3 would be nice

Why? (not the 0:3 which would be great)

The brilliant world beating thierry Henryesque is in there. Unfortunately it is competing for air time with the catastrophically deficient lump of grey matter that resides in his thick skull.

Hughes will improve the squad by dropping him.

Disappointed to see Redmond not training on his own…

#Hughesout

:wink:

You are of course right, I was being deliberately difficult. The cross in particular was spot on. (Interestingly that came from him playing down the right. By being on his strongest foot already perhaps he is less inclined to check back on his right foot almost every single time like he does playing on the left). Maybe Hughes will recognise this.

I am simply a dog with a bone and am not going to give it up easily (or at least until he scores this season, which surely isn’t too much to ask for a well paid professional offensive player, heralded as the next Henry by some and held to a higher standard by the mighty Guardiola himself).

I just want to get to a place where I see his name on the team sheet and my heart doesn’t immediately sink and my mind immediately thinks ”zero goals for us today then, better hope for a clean sheet”.

Maybe a day after Trump was announced as the next president, I found myself saying “Fuck me, Donald Trump is the US president”.

I’m now doing the same over Mark Hughes being the manager at Saints .

Give me a few days and it’ll pass.

I hope.

Fuck me Mark Hughes is the Saints manager!?!

1 Like

the usual denial anger baganing acceptance thing, plus its Wigan and we could win

1 Like

Let’s hope Hughes doesn’t try and ban Muslims from the stadium.

2 Likes

Hopefully he does build a fucking big wall in front of our goal

1 Like

Just watched his first interview and I have to say he does come across very well. Yes, it’s only an in-house interview with nice pattacake questions, but he does appear to be genuinely enthused with the job in hand, and that can’t be a bad thing in the first place.

He’ll need to be.

3 Likes

and now I find myself saying “fuck me Trump’s still president”…

1 Like

I think that he might be the first manager since Pardew that can actually say “Southampton”.

Adkins plazzy scouse accent had the wrong emphasis. Poch seemed allergic to saying it. Koeman? Shoushampton? Fuck off.

Puel might have had perfect diction, but I never got to hear it due to sudden, involuntary naps.

Pellegino was shit

5 Likes

Sparky says … “Now Mario, this is the fucking goal you blind twat”

Lems looks in complete fucking amazement.

Day one, session one complete.

We are staying up say we are staying up

We limp on . COYR. CD

8 Likes

They just need someone to shout at them.

Sparky will shout at them.

1 Like

I watched the first day video.

Washing machines and looking at walls.

Did someone hack that and swap it for an episode of Homes uder the Sun?

British managers are definitely the best shouters. I think if you’ve no coaching ability or managerial talent, shouting is key. Tim Sherwood was a fantastic shouter. Not sure I’ve seen or heard better.

3 Likes

Hmmm. Saw Mark Schwarzer on Sky talking about his time playing under Sparky. Said that for a player who was all action, full blooded challenges etc etc, he was quiet on the sidelines and not very comfortable in one-to-one conversations :lou_surprised:

This is just one opinion, based on one stint at Fulham but maybe shouting is not his bag.