:efl: :mancityfc: Manchester City v Saints :saints: (Carabao Cup 4th Round)

Ok first question.
Who would you pick in goal?

A goalkeeper.

The state of the club and everything else going wrong has been well covered and whatever happens it’s going to take a long time to resolve. That being said, the matchday threads can still be just that given that we all know there’s a shitload of stuff that the club need to sort out in the medium to long term - I think that whatever the result some people will always find something to complain about

3 Likes

Oh yes it could be so much worse…
Its Citeh ffs.

He plays for Celtic atm

2 Likes

Don’t you know the names of our goalkeepers?

Ok Pete, any ideas on who plays/gets dropped?
I tried to watch the highlights but am quite confident i turned off just before the 3rd crossed the line, so don’t know why it went so wrong (apart from Bertrand. Did he plan that?).

McCarthy
Bertrand
Cedric
Vestergaard
Bednarek
Redmond
Romeu
Hojbjerg
Djenepo
Ings
Boufal

In a 4-4-1-1 with Boufal being given the free role.

I’ll add this team is wank but its what we have.

Djenepo isn’t an option.

It’s almost like they play the exact game we do, just with slightly more money.

Just personal choices but I can’t see Gunn playing so McCarthy, Long and Adams, PEH, Armstrong, and I think he’ll stick with Romeu, Valery, Redmond and one or both of Yosh or Vest with Danso and Stephens in the frame for a place probably with JWP, Boufal and Ings on the bench.

Ings seems a bit more resilient this year, shame his goals have only got us 1 point, to get 4 league goals with minimal service is a monumental effort, if Adams could start firing they could be quite dangerous, but that would mean us playing 2 up front. If Djenepo can get/and stay fit/and not play at left back we could have a decent attack.

1 Like

We’re talking about the future all I can do is speculate.

Being a league cup game, it would be mental to put Gunn out again, so McCarthy has to be nailed on.
Back line is a big question. I’d stick with Valery on the right(i think he’s been isolated to often), but i’d put Cedric or Vokins in the left. Danso and Bednarek in the centre.
In the middle Højbjerg Romeu and Armstrong(pushed forward).
Adams, Boufal and Obafemi up front.

If the defence holds, that’s got to pressure on the opposition (or lose, but probably not at as much as Friday).

That’d be wrong.
Three at least please.
We have no other option. Who thinks we’ll hold out in defence?
Might as well attack :rofl:

If you put a bag of McCoys in front of me I’d hold out longer, which isn’t very long :lou_wink_2:

I really fancy some crisps now.

1 Like

How many bags for 90 minutes?

Seriously McCarthy has to start. He was very good against Portsmouth.

It’d be a world record that’s for sure.

Slightly OT, I watched a bit of the last Celtic game on BT Sport and Forster made a couple of very good saves and generally looks more confident.