:efl: :mancityfc: Manchester City v Saints :saints: (Carabao Cup 4th Round)

McCarthy
Bertrand
Cedric
Vestergaard
Bednarek
Redmond
Romeu
Hojbjerg
Djenepo
Ings
Boufal

In a 4-4-1-1 with Boufal being given the free role.

I’ll add this team is wank but its what we have.

Djenepo isn’t an option.

It’s almost like they play the exact game we do, just with slightly more money.

Just personal choices but I can’t see Gunn playing so McCarthy, Long and Adams, PEH, Armstrong, and I think he’ll stick with Romeu, Valery, Redmond and one or both of Yosh or Vest with Danso and Stephens in the frame for a place probably with JWP, Boufal and Ings on the bench.

Ings seems a bit more resilient this year, shame his goals have only got us 1 point, to get 4 league goals with minimal service is a monumental effort, if Adams could start firing they could be quite dangerous, but that would mean us playing 2 up front. If Djenepo can get/and stay fit/and not play at left back we could have a decent attack.

1 Like

We’re talking about the future all I can do is speculate.

Being a league cup game, it would be mental to put Gunn out again, so McCarthy has to be nailed on.
Back line is a big question. I’d stick with Valery on the right(i think he’s been isolated to often), but i’d put Cedric or Vokins in the left. Danso and Bednarek in the centre.
In the middle Højbjerg Romeu and Armstrong(pushed forward).
Adams, Boufal and Obafemi up front.

If the defence holds, that’s got to pressure on the opposition (or lose, but probably not at as much as Friday).

That’d be wrong.
Three at least please.
We have no other option. Who thinks we’ll hold out in defence?
Might as well attack :rofl:

If you put a bag of McCoys in front of me I’d hold out longer, which isn’t very long :lou_wink_2:

I really fancy some crisps now.

1 Like

How many bags for 90 minutes?

Seriously McCarthy has to start. He was very good against Portsmouth.

It’d be a world record that’s for sure.

Slightly OT, I watched a bit of the last Celtic game on BT Sport and Forster made a couple of very good saves and generally looks more confident.

Have a look at our players, fuck me.

Goalkeeper for the Cup Match would have been McCarthy even if Gunn had had a World Class performance and kept a clean sheet on Friday.
Despite his crocodile tears apology, I’d be surprised if Hojberg keeps his captaincy or starting place. For me he was the most disappointing player on Fri … I expected JWP to be cack, but Hoj’s lack of commitment in his tackles or tracking players back was diabolical, not to mention as captain not talking to players like Valery and reminding them what they are supposed to be doing and where they should be. Long and Adams up front, Ings brought on for the penalty shoot out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Kevin Keegan :stuck_out_tongue:

Was Højbjerg that bad? Thought more of him. Shame to hear that and as Captain particularly worrying.

I’d have him in the team now over Ward-Prowse :lou_wink_2:

PEH has been pretty poor all season.

1 Like

Yeah, but Eric’s assessment is damning for a captain and though he’s been poor i was hoping it was just form.
This suggests a whole lot more going on.
A question, what was your initial thought about Bertrand?