🥳 🇬🇧 Lovely Jubilee?

What are people going to do?

Londoners will moan about it for a few days and carry on as normal.

The Dail Heil and other Tory leaning papers will whip themselves up into a froth of righteous indignation and then something else will come along.

1 Like

What a line up.

Fuck your Noel Gallagher.

We have Edmonds.

1 Like

Killing Joke on the same bill as that lot, fuck me what were they thinking :joy::joy::joy:

…still, Morrissey will be there so that’ll cheer up proceedings no end. :unamused:

1 Like

Hmmm, methinks that that is a spoof lineup, possibly

3 Likes

Sssh…

Does this mean I’m not going to see the cast of 'Allo Allo?

2 Likes

I have this mental image of Her Maj sitting through Napalm Death and it just won’t go away. :wink:

5 Likes

…or Dumpy’s Rusty Nuts. :flushed:

Dumpy’s are still going strong well into their 70s, very popular with bikers. I saw them supporting Hawkwind once, they were a decent live band, sold out The Marquee regularly back in the day. Very loud hard rocking band, not sure what Betty would make of them though!

1 Like

Some shitty cities for your lovely jubbly.

Edit. Local news though.

Meanwhile, the city of Southampton has won the competition for Lord Mayoralty status - which means the mayor can be called Lord Mayor - joining the ranks of previous Jubilee competition winners including Chester, Exeter and Armagh.

Gord blimey gov, this’ll be a right knees up and that will be the truth :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If I’d stopped to think, that was obvious. Any BBC line up would have started with KT Tunstall, Jayne County, The Proclaimers and NWA.

2 Likes

But her name’s Betty or Madge isn’t it? :man_shrugging:t3:

It’s actually Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor.

And? :man_shrugging:t3:

All those who have decided to descend upon London are going to have a nasty surprise when they find out the trains and underground wont be running due to the train strikes including my BiL who could only find accommodation in Stratford

I thought I saw the RaMT were meeting mid June to confirm strike dates. The BIL would seem to be ok.

I think there is a separate TFL strike

Day after the Jubilee

Nice to hear the new Elizabeth Line is open.

I’ve never seen an underground line get named after a sitting monarch in my lifetime.

I missed out on King District and Circle I opening his line.

2 Likes